Preacher's Daughter/Lesbian Mom 3rd Unitarian Church Forum, Dec. 2, 10 a.m.

  • Marie Mahoney
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2007
      Please join us Sunday, Dec. 2, 10 a.m. at Third Unitarian Church for the forum:

      PREACHER'S DAUGHTER/LESBIAN MOM

      Our speacker will be Jacqueline Taylor, dean of the College of Communications at DePaul University. Taylor will speak on her book, "Waiting for the Call: from Preacher’s Daughter to Lesbian Mother." Taylor eventually found a Pentecostal church in Chicago that fits her beliefs and accepts her lifestyle. Taylor and her partner have two daughters adopted from Peru, and adoption issues are also important in this book. Reviewers praise the humor and writing style in the book.

      For more information, call (773) 626-9385. Or see www.thirdunitarianchurch.org.

      Third Unitarian Church is in Chicago's Austin neighborhood, at 301 N. Mayfield (corner of Mayfield and Fulton). We are two blocks east of Austin Blvd. and one block south of the CTA Green Line (Lake Street El).