Support Morton West High School Anti-war protesters being expelled

  • TreeFrog@BikeRider.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2007
      .
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: nwcpj@yahoogroups.com
      To: nwcpj@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 7:29 AM
      Subject: [nwcpj] Digest Number 542

      Help! Defend High School Protesters
      Posted by: "laurel schmidt" llambertschmidt@...

      Fri Nov 2, 2007 7:50 pm (PST)

      For Immediate Release:

      A group of high school protesters at Morton West High School in Berwyn staged a sit-in yesterday (11/1/07) to protest the war. Morton West is frequented by recruiters. The students sat outside the lunchroom, sang songs and held signs and refused to leave until the end of the school day.

      These students have been given 10 days suspension and expulsion papers. We desperately need support from groups who might help us save them from expulsion. Otherwise the future (scholarships, loans, etc.) of these peace students could be in grave peril.

      The next Board of Education Meeting is Wednesday, November 7th at Morton East High School in Cicero, IL at 7:00pm. We are collecting support letters and the names of people who will voice support for them, especially those in the area. Thanks.

      Contact: Rita Maniotis, mother of one of the protesters (my daughter, Barbara Maniotis got only 5 days suspension--I believe because she is in the top 25).

      708-749-1819
      rsand@...

      Peace,
      Laurel Lambert Schmidt