Lipinski Demo Wed Jan 3 at 8 am

  • laurel schmidt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      Dear Friends: Congressman Dan Lipinski could spend forever attending the wishes of Democratice Party leaders while ignoring the wishes of the voters of the 3rd Congressional District. The grisly milestone of 3000 deaths (matched by 9 times that amount of seriously injured) among US service men and women should remind us that the violence will not stop until we stop our Occupation of Iraq.

      We've written, called, put articles in the newpapers, signed and delivered petitions, met and debated without result. Let's try something new. Join us early Wednesday morning to give Rep. Lipinski a noisy reminder: Listen to us and work to Bring the Troops Home Now.
      See you Wednesday?

      Cheers and Peace,
      Laurel

      JOIN NEAR WEST CITIZENS FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE IN A NOISY REMINDER:
      HELP CONGRESSMAN LIPINSKI HEAR THE VOTERS OF THE 3RD DISTRICT!!!
      DON'T ADD TROOPS--BRING THEM HOME!!!
      WHERE: Congressman Lipinski's office at 6245 S. Archer Ave. in Chicago
      (about 1 mile east of Harlem on the south side of Archer Ave.)
      WHEN: 8:00 - 10:00+ am Wednesday, January 3, 2007
      The voters of the 3rd District voted overwhelmingly in November to bring the troops home from Iraq, yet Congressman Lipinski has not committed to following the will of the voters. In our meeting with him in November, he said that he thought bringing the troops home would make matters worse. Help Rep. Lipinski hear the will of his constituents. Especially after 3,000 now dead, demand that he reject the call for more troops, vote to withdraw our troops and deny funding future years of this war.
      Near West Citizens for Peace and Justice and friends plan a noisy reminder of the voters' wishes in the 3rd district.
      CONTACT: Rita Maniotis, 708-749-1819, rsand@... or Laurel Lambert Schmidt 708-447-9577 llambertschmidt@...
      Although county-wide, about 66% of the voters approved of withdrawal, in the 3rd district, the vote tally ranged from a �low� of 61% in Riverside and 71% in Berwyn, to a high of over 90% in one 3rd district ward in Chicago.