Peace Potluck in LaGrange, THIS Friday

  • Dave Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2006
      Hi Folks,
      Please join us THIS Friday - for our next:
      Peace Talk & Potluck,
      Friday September 8,
      at First United Methodist Church of LaGrange**, 100 W. Cossitt Ave, LaGrange
      6:30pm Potluck, 7:30pm Program & Conversation
      Families welcome. FREE Childcare and kids activities provided.

      This Friday's Peace Potluck will feature:

      Michael McConnell
      Michael is one of the most compelling speakers on Peacemaking (and the War in Iraq) in the Chicago area.
      He is an ordained minister in the United Church of Christ and Regional Director of American Friends Service Committee's Great Lakes Region. He's an author of several books on peace and co-creator of the Eyes Wide Open exhibit, a nationally touring memorial exhibit to those killed in the Iraq War.

      Michael will speak on:

      The current state of the war in Iraq and the important work being done to stop the war. He will look at the important role that people of faith, military families and ex-military members have to play in mobilizing the critical mass needed to bring our troops home.

      These programs:

      are FREE and open to the public

      and are sponsored by the West Suburban Faith-based Peace Coalition.

      They are generally offered the FIRST Friday each month, and are committed to

      building peace community through feeding our souls, our faith, our hunger for peacemaking, ...as well as our bodies.

      Join us for a good lecture & conversation about Peace, bring a dish to share, and Enjoy the Evening!

      For More Info:

      -about Peace Potlucks, email wsfpc@... or call 630-768-9305

      -for directions to the church see their website, http://www.LaGrangeILUMC.org, or call 708-352-1250

      -about WSFPC: see www.faithpeace.org or call 630-768-9305

      I hope to see you there!

      -Dave Martin

      ps: a printable flyer of this Fall's Peace Potluck Series is attached