4th of July parade and picnic

  • Estelle Carol and Bob Simpson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2006
      Everyone is invited to walk with Oak Park Coalition for Truth and
      Justice in the Village of Oak Park 2006 4th of July parade!

      We are local people who care deeply about our country.

      PARADE - Tuesday, July 4, 9:00 am to noon

      Stand up for an end to the American occupation of Iraq. We urge our
      fellow citizens to be true to American ideals of freedom, justice,
      and democracy. We will march with Vets of Peace. Members of the armed
      services and their families, who know too well the horrors of war,
      are especially welcome to join us.

      Please meet at Cuyler and Adams - the northeast corner of Longfellow
      Park - between 9 and 9:30 am. Look for OPCTJ's white banner. The
      parade runs from 10 am to noon and goes north on Ridgeland Avenue.
      You are invited to carry a sign with your own message. We will be
      towards the front of the parade.
      Enjoy a potluck backyard picnic
      after the parade

      If you didn't walk with OPCTJ in the parade you are still invited to
      join us for the picnic.

      PICNIC - Tuesday, July 4, 12:00 to 5:30 pm
      at 322 S. Elmwood, Oak Park

      We provide ice, drinks, coolers, paper goods, condiments, utensils,
      grills and scintillating conversation.
      Please bring blankets or chairs and your favorite dish to share -
      enough for 6 people. If it is pouring rain at noon the event will be
      cancelled. We will hold the picnic if it is raining lightly.
      --

      Graphic design and illustration for print and the web
      http://www.carol-simpson.com

      "Don't believe everything you think."