Call for Proposals: Illinois Coalition for Peace and Justice

  • Bamshad Mobasher
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      Dear OPCTJ members and friends:

      A founding conference of all Illinois Peace and Justice groups,
      known as the Illinois Coalition for Peace and Justice (ICPJ), is
      being held on Saturday April 1 in Champaign, Il. OPCTJ will be
      sending a delegation; however, we are also involved in the planning
      of this event. We are therefore seeking proposals for the conference
      in three areas:

      1) Proposals for state-wide or national actions, events, and
      campaigns that can be taken up by the Coalition, including short-
      term actions, regular events, and on-going campaigns.

      2) Proposals for the organizational structure of ICPJ including
      working committees, decision making processes and procedures, as
      well as funding issues.

      3) Proposals for break-out sessions or workshops during the
      conference (one hour) to allow the participating organizations to
      discuss and disseminate information, and sharing of ideas around
      the broad array of peace and justice issues that different groups
      are working on.

      If you have ideas or proposals you would like OPCTJ to consider
      please email Judy Erickson at jemessage1@....

      OPCTJ looks forward to your input.

      OPCTJ Organizing Committee