Stop CAFTA, and more US job outsourcing

  • thepen_ab
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2005
      There are so many reasons to reject the CAFTA treaty. With no
      enforcement provisions to prevent exploitation of foreign workers
      it would force those of us who still have jobs to compete against
      the lowest wage standard in the world. Without environmental
      protections it would force what industries we have not lost
      to pollute our own country to keep their costs as low as the worst
      offenders overseas. The agreement even signs on to restrictions
      .on the availability of simple vitamins and minerals that might
      prevent illness and disease, a provision pushed by prescription
      drug industry interests to put us even more at their mercy.

      This will be a VERY CLOSE VOTE in Congress. Just as we did as to
      Bolton, you can make a real difference in the outcome of this
      critical policy decision. Will we slide further down the NAFTA
      slope of outsourcing and wage depression in our country, or will
      we take the kind of stand that will inspire more of our fellow
      constituents to elect the right people next time? Please submit
      the form below, whether or not you have time to add a personal
      word of your own, but MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD NOW.

      http://www.usalone.com/cafta.htm

      Please take action NOW! Forward this email to everyone you know,
      and encourage its posting on blogs and websites.

      originally posted by The Pen to OPCTJ