NO to a right wing Supreme Court

  • thepen_ab
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2005
      The first thing that our Congress needs to understand is that we
      the people are not going to accept ANY so-called "conservative"
      replacements for retiring Supreme Court justices. The last time
      our president checked the bank balance of his political capital it
      was already OVERDRAWN, with some of his lowest approval ratings
      ever. The overwhelming majority of the American people do NOT
      want our country to lurch even slightly more to the right, let
      alone appoint another ideological extremist.

      We will accept nothing LESS than a centrist, and it's up to our
      senators to demand that as the representatives of our true mandate
      that they go to the wall, to enforce an end to this slippage into
      a corporate police state. It is not a victory to lose yet more
      ground. Please tell your senators to make it very clear to the
      president that the intimidation party is over.

      http://www.usalone.com/supremecourt.htm

      And if you have not yet submitted the MEDIA ACTION PAGE on the
      Downing Street minutes, our form now also sends your personal
      message to the ombudsmen for the New York Times, the Washington
      Post, and 7 of the most important TV network news programs. They
      still are not giving this scandal the coverage it warrants so
      let's all demand it.

      http://www.usalone.com/downingstreet.htm

      Please take action NOW! Forward this email to everyone you know,
      and encourage its posting on blogs and websites.

      originally posted by The Pen to OPCTJ