Fourth Annual Walk for a Just Peace in Israel and Palestine, May 15, 12:15 p.m.

  • Kevin McDermott
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29 8:42 AM
      The Fourth Annual
      Walk for a Just Peace in Israel and Palestine

      Gathering Program * Walk * Potluck Buffet/Program

      Sunday, May 15, 2005
      Beginning at 12:15pm

      N E W L O C A T I O N T H I S Y E A R !
      Ridgeland Commons Park
      Lake St. at Scoville Ave.
      Oak Park, Illinois

      Join together with Palestinians, Israelis, Christians, Jews, Muslims and
      secularists to affirm our solidarity with the Palestinians and Israelis
      who are working to establish a true and lasting peace based on justice.
      Join us as we demand changes in U.S. policy and call upon our leaders
      to be honest brokers in pursuing a just resolution to this tragic conflict.

      Program of Events:
      --We will begin the Gathering Program at Ridgeland Commons Park at 12:15
      with a welcome message and opening program of speakers and performers.
      --Following the gathering program, we will step off on the Walk for a
      Just Peace on a route appx. 1 mile in length in Oak Park.
      --Following the Walk, we will gather at Pilgrim Congregational Church
      (460 W. Lake St.) for the Potluck Advocacy Buffet/Program, featuring
      more great speakers, performance, food, music, fellowship, and advocacy
      opportunities.

      We are honored and pleased to welcome a fantastic line-up of speakers
      and performers to this year's program:

      ** Ali Abunimah: Co-founder of Electronic Intifada; vice-president of
      Arab American Action Network; analyst, public speaker, and writer.
      ** Eyas Alhoumouz: Co-founder of Al Awda; board member of Chicago
      Palestine Film Festival.
      ** Kevin Coval: Jewish poet and performance artist who has performed
      around the world; member of the National Poetry Slam Team.
      ** Avner Efendowicz: Yesh Gvul activist and reserve officer in the
      Israeli army who refuses to serve in the Occupied Territories.
      ** Emily Hauser: American-Israeli writer, published in a wide range of
      Israeli and American publications since the early 1990's.
      ** Jimmy Johnson: Researcher and organizer for the Israeli Committee
      Against House Demolitions, recently returned from 5 months in Jerusalem
      and West Bank.
      ** Michael D. Levin: Extraordinary jazz wind player, appearing with the
      New Quartet.
      ** Mansour Aziz Mansour: Palestinian journalism student who organizes
      nonviolent protest actions against construction of the separation
      barrier in the West Bank.

      Please mark your calendars, tell your friends, and come join us. It will
      be a great afternoon!

      This event is organized by the Committee for a Just Peace in Israel and
      Palestine (http://www.geocities.com/cjpipwebsite/), in conjunction with
      numerous co-sponsors; list in formation.

      For more information, call 312/427-2533x18 or e-mail JustPeace1@....