NOV 13 City-wide planning mtg. opposed to Militarization of Youth

  • Dave Trippel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2004
      Chicagoland Coalition Opposed to Militarization of Youth
      City-wide planning meeting
      November 13, 2004
      10am-2pm
      Grace Place
      637 S. Dearborn St
      Lunch at Noon.

      The Chicagoland Coalition Opposed to Militarization of Youth invites groups
      already campaigning against the militarization of our youth to join us in a
      city-wide planning meeting to collaborate our efforts.

      Proposed Agenda
      1. Introductions: what people are doing, what they want to do, questions,
      concerns
      2. Group break-outs
      Process to adopt a school for de-militarization
      How to present alternatives to military
      Development of literature
      Active counter-recruitment
      No Child Left Behind
      How to prepare a CO file
      How to work with student groups (college and high school)
      Organizing a demo around military conference in Chicago
      3. Re-convene to discuss what comes next

      If you would like to propose a particular focus group or workshop for this
      meeting, please respond to epolley@... by Nov.4 to be included into the
      agenda. Please feel free to bring literature and materials that you have
      been using to share with the group.

      If you plan on attending, please respond to this email with a count of how
      many people may come with you.

      Thank you and we look forward to meeting with you all!
      Chicagoland Coalition Opposed to Militarization of Youth