Affect Swing States from Your Own Home Town!

  • Carol Gulyas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2004
      There are several phone banking parties happening THIS EVENING right here in Oak Park. Two of them are being organized by Progressive Alliance members Barry Koren and Janet Holden. See below to sign up. Bring you cell phone.

      This election will turn on a handful of votes in "battleground" states. TODAY we're going to reach out to hundreds of thousands of unregistered voters in a few of these states, and help them register. With thousands of us on the phones, we can make a major difference in a couple of hours!

      Cell phones in hand, we'll gather in living rooms across the country to have fun and contact voters together. Each phone party will have a list of folks to call and scripts to read while we're on the phone. Afterwards, we'll send a helpful kit to anyone who tells us they'd like to register to vote, and follow up to make sure they do. (from MoveOn.org)

      To find a party in your area (there are several in Oak Park and River Forest) go to this website.

      http://action.moveonpac.org/phone/