March 20th Events

  • Kevin McDermott
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2004
      Hello Fellow OPCTJ'ers,

      As many of you know, there will be a number of events happening on Saturday
      March 20th in support of the world-wide day of action "The World Still Says
      No to War". The events are:

      10:30 a.m. - Faith, Labor and Community event at Chicago Temple at 77 W.
      Madison St. in downtown Chicago (more info at http://www.peacechicago.org/)

      Noon - Rally at the Water Tower with a march downtown along Michigan Ave.
      finishing at Federal Plaza (more info at
      http://www.notinourname.net/archive/march20-04.htm)

      3:00 p.m. - Rally & march at Scoville Park here in Oak Park (more info at
      http://www.opctj.org/cgi-bin/view-events.cgi)

      Sunday March 21, 3:00 p.m. - A "de-briefing" session at the O.P. Library,
      hosted by Citizen to Citizen for anyone interested in discussing the
      previous day's activities.

      For those who can't make it downtown, or who choose to leave downtown in
      the mid afternoon, I urge you to come out to our rally and march in Oak
      Park at 3:00 (we've tried to schedule it so you can make all three
      events). We will feature speakers, performers, poets and others. This
      event will be just a few days after the primary, so we'll be urging all of
      our attendees to start taking action now in anticipation of the November
      general elections. If we, the people, want to see a change in our
      country's direction, we have no choice but to work as hard as we can to
      make it happen. Please join us on March 20th in saying "The World Still
      Says No to War"!

      Kevin McDermott
      kevinmcd@...