Oak Park passes USA Patriot resolution

  • Kevin McDermott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2004
      I am very happy to report that on Monday Jan. 5th at their first meeting of
      the new year the Oak Park Village Board of Trustees passed, by a vote of 5
      to 1, a resolution titled "RESOLUTION URGING THE REPEAL OR REVISION OF
      CERTAIN SECTIONS OF USA PATRIOT ACT AND SIMILAR LEGISLATION". A copy of
      this resolution can be found at
      http://www.opctj.org/docs/OP-resolution-patriot-act.pdf

      On behalf of the Oak Park Coalition for Truth & Justice, and in cooperation
      with the Oak Park Community Relations Commission, whose help in drafting
      the resolution and satisfying Board member's concerns was invaluable, I
      would like to commend and thank the Village Board for taking this truly
      patriotic action.

      Kevin McDermott
      kevinmcd@...