House party for Uncovered

  • jemessage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2003
      Dear OPCTJers,

      Tom and Karen Ard have offered to host a "move-on" type house party to show
      the video "Uncovered" and you are invited to attend. They haven't registered
      with Move-On but they do have a copy of the video. Please scroll down for
      details. Be sure to RSVP so they can make sure there is enough space and chairs
      for everyone. Tom has also told me that there may be an Oak Park site
      registered with Move-On, and you may sign up for that one if you prefer.

      Judy Erickson

      -------------------------
      Come party with MoveOn this weekend & view Iraq movie

      Please join us:
      Sunday, Dec 7 at 7:00pm.
      827 N Marion half block S. of Division
      Please RSVP: 386-0869 or dkard654@...
      Tom & Karen Ard

      This Sunday, December 7th, over 2,000 MoveOn members are hosting house
      parties to screen the new documentary "Uncovered: The Whole Truth
      about the Iraq War," and you’re invited to attend.

      This'll be fun, but it's also really important. Here's a statement
      from Ambassador Joe Wilson, the man whose wife’s cover as a CIA agent
      was blown by the White House. Ambassador Wilson, who served as
      ambassador to Iraq before the first Gulf War, also helped to expose
      the truth behind the President’s famous assertion that Iraq was
      seeking uranium in Africa. Here’s why he thinks "Uncovered" is such
      an important movie:

      War is a blunt instrument reserved for those instances when other,
      less violent actions cannot achieve our national security goals. In
      the case of Iraq, as you will see in UNCOVERED, those other actions
      were working very well. We did not need to go to war to meet the
      objectives set forth by the President and the international
      community in UN Security Council resolution 1441. Intrusive
      inspections were working just fine.

      Going to war with Iraq has not made us safer. On the contrary,
      there are now several hundred million Muslims who hate us. We are
      now seen by a world that only two years ago stood by our side, as
      one of the greatest threats to international peace. 130,000
      Americans are sitting ducks in Iraq, being picked off one or two a
      day, while the Iraqi population becomes more and more hostile to
      our occupation. And this war of choice on Iraq has kept us from
      finishing the job in Afghanistan against Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

      UNCOVERED very effectively deconstructs the case for war with Iraq,
      pointing out the lies and flimsy evidence that underpinned the
      justification. It is an important work because it goes directly to
      the credibility of this administration. You will come away
      wondering whether George W. Bush and his team are worthy of our
      trust or support. I know where I come down on that question.
      Others will benefit from this documentary in reaching their own
      conclusions.

      To find a house party to screen "Uncovered" in your area, just go to:
      http://action.moveon.org/meet/parties.html

      We hope you can make it. Have fun!

      Sincerely,
      --Carrie, Eli, James, Joan, Noah, Peter, Wes, and Zack
      The MoveOn.org Team
      December 1st, 2003

      P.S. If you'd like to check out the "Uncovered" trailer and some
      clips from the movie, go to the movie's website at:
      http://www.truthuncovered.com/clips/index.cfm