View new Iraq movie Sun, 12/7, 7pm in Oak Park

  • Rita Bogolub
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2003
      From: <Dkard654@...>
      To: <Dkard654@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 10:25 PM

      Come party with MoveOn this weekend & view Iraq movie

      Please join us:
      Sunday, Dec 7 at 7:00pm.
      827 N Marion half block S. of Division
      Please RSVP: 386-0869 or dkard654@...
      Tom & karen Ard

      This Sunday, December 7th, over 2,000 MoveOn members are hosting house
      parties to screen the new documentary "Uncovered: The Whole Truth about the
      Iraq War," and you're invited to attend.

      This'll be fun, but it's also really important. Here's a statement from
      Ambassador Joe Wilson, the man whose wife's cover as a CIA agent was blown
      by the White House. Ambassador Wilson, who served as ambassador to Iraq
      before the first Gulf War, also helped to expose the truth behind the
      President's famous assertion that Iraq was seeking uranium in Africa.
      Here's why he thinks "Uncovered" is such an important movie:

      War is a blunt instrument reserved for those instances when other, less
      violent actions cannot achieve our national security goals. In the case of
      Iraq, as you will see in UNCOVERED, those other actions were working very
      well. We did not need to go to war to meet the objectives set forth by the
      President and the international community in UN Security Council resolution
      1441. Intrusive inspections were working just fine.

      Going to war with Iraq has not made us safer. On the contrary, there are
      now several hundred million Muslims who hate us. We are now seen by a world
      that only two years ago stood by our side, as one of the greatest threats to
      international peace. 130,000 Americans are sitting ducks in Iraq, being
      picked off one or two a ay, while the Iraqi population becomes more and more
      hostile to our occupation. And this war of choice on Iraq has kept us from
      finishing the job in Afghanistan against Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

      UNCOVERED very effectively deconstructs the case for war with Iraq,
      pointing out the lies and flimsy evidence that underpinned the
      justification. It is an important work because it goes directly to the
      credibility of this administration. You will come away wondering whether
      George W. Bush and his team are worthy of our trust or support. I know
      where I come down on that question.
      Others will benefit from this documentary in reaching their own

      To find a house party to screen "Uncovered" in your area, just go to:

      We hope you can make it. Have fun!

      --Carrie, Eli, James, Joan, Noah, Peter, Wes, and Zack
      The MoveOn.org Team
      December 1st, 2003

      P.S. If you'd like to check out the "Uncovered" trailer and some clips from
      the movie, go to the movie's website at: