DMG / A Postcard from Hollywood

  • DMG
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      Hey, how are you?

      Have you seen the movie "Swimming Pool" (2003) it's have the hidden meaning and revolves around a swimming pool (a crime scene) about mystery writer, a woman from Britain visits her Publisher's house in France, where her interaction with his unusual daughter sets off inspirations for the writing a novel. This movie was a remake of the French movie with Alain Delon (do you know this actor?) and Romy Schneider (Julia Roberts of Austria) they played in the movies "The Swimming Pool" (1970) an award-winning film tells of (Delon) and his mistress, (Schneider), who spend an idyllic holiday together at a luxurious villa on the French Riviera. Their holiday weekend is disturbed by a visit from a mutual friend, and his teenage daughter...yah..we never so the original... Parents of our Staff are big fans of actor Alain Delon, one associate's mom said when Delon was young he was cute..he remind her the American actor Rob Lowe, she says "Rob have Alain's eyes, whatever it means..lol"...that
      actor was well known in Russia. Do your parents familiar with Alain Delon? Can you ask them? Although, I never heard of the well know actress Romy Schneider, till now, she became famous in Hollywood in late 70's. Yesterday, I made a research about her life and career...her daughter still alive and work as model/ actress of independent movies.

      Did you know that film "Vice Versa" (1988) is original for "Freaky Friday" (2003)

      Vice Versa - an 80s comedy <http://centerstage.net/stumped/reviews/vice-versa.shtml> ..I don't remember how do they switch, but it's not a fortune cookie..In America, in late 80's there were not so many Chinese Cousin Restaurants...may be that's why? This film about a workaholic father and his 11-year-old son who switch bodies, the son plays most of our staff is favorite actor Fred Savage (he was popular by his awesome TV series "Wonder Years" set in 60's America..and viewer could hear what main character thinks, only the "thinking voice" of a boy was an adult man's voice..)

      Fred Savage site: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000625/ the fun fact that he's filming new films, that I never heard of...cause right now, you won't find any publication or media coverage of F. Savage as any popular celebrity..may be he's not that popular after words..I don't know why....the last movie I saw him was "Austin Powers: The Goldmember"...

      In "Swimming Pool"(2003) plays the writer, actress Charlotte Rampling. She's from Britain, can also speak French, and now well known in US. The first movie I saw with her was 'Tis a Pity... ( Italy; 1972) it's a thriller set in old times about a brother in love with his sister, taboo for that time & also a fresh movie-puzzle Under the Sand (2000) by abstract film director Fran´┐Żois Ozon ( ^ o ^ ) drama about a woman who believes that her husband is still living with her after he mysteriously disappears from a beach in France.

      Happy holidays & Labor Day week,

      - from DMG Team ~{:>

      What is success?

      To laugh often and much;

      To win the respect of intelligent people

      and the affection of children;

      To earn the appreciation of honest film critics

      and to appreciate beauty of all arts and media;

      To find the best in others;

      To leave the world a bit better, whether by

      a healthy child, a garden patch

      or a redeemed social condition;

      To know even one life has breathed

      easier because you have lived;

      This is to have succeeded.

      What movies have you seen that inspire you? Would you like to share with us?

      we're dedicated to helping

      your appetite succeed.

      "..Cut. Print. Beautiful guys!" - Joey, character from TV's Full House

      Do you Yahoo!?