4155Solicitation for Speakers for 2014 Weekly Free Speech Forum at Powell 's Bookstore, UIC‏‏

  • cpaidock
    Dec 22, 2013

      We're putting together the schedule of speakers for 2014, and extend an invitation to any individual or organization  who would like to make a presentation on a social issue or current event.  Contact the Program Coordinator Charles Paidock at (312) 842-5036, (312) 714-7790 cell, cpaidock@... to schedule a date.   Please lets us know of anyone you think we should invite.

      Please note change in location to Powell's Bookstore at the Univ. of IL Campus, starting at 6:00 PM every Saturday in 2014.

      College of Complexes  "The Playground for People Who Think"
      weekly free speech forum on social issues and current events
      all in attendance will be afforded an opportunity to ask questions, and make rebuttals and/or remarks for 5 minutes
      www.collegeofcomplexes.org  (information below)

      Visit the new "Lecture Library" of videos of previous programs:  http://www.collegeofcomplexes.org/LectureLibrary.html

      Upcoming Schedule:

      December 28
      How the United Nations Can Help Bring About Monetary Reform
      American Monetary Institute

      January 4
      Non-Violent Civil Disobedience to Stop War
      Author, "Crossing the Line:  Nonviolent Resisters Speak Out for Peace"

      Jan 11
      Film Noir:  When Film Told the Truth
      with short clips to be shown

      January 18
      GMO Food and Mandatory Labeling
      Organic Consumers Association, Chicago

      January 25
      The Occupy Movement and Democracy for the USA organization

      February 1
      Everyone's Rational!  The Theory at Some People are Irrational is Mistaken, but Not Itself Irrational

      February, 8, 15, 22
      Open - contact the Program Coordinator Charles Paidock (312) 842-5036, (312) 714-7790 cell if you would like to speak, cpaidock@...

      To Be Re-Scheduled
      The Decline of the West:  Was Spengler Right?

      Presentation at 6:00 PM - Every Saturday
      Powell's Bookstore
      1218 S. Halsted Street - at Roosevelt Road on the corner

      Invitation:  We often go afterward  to a nearby coffee shop, or restaurant.

      Format:
      Presentation
      Questions from Audience
      Rebuttals/Remarks