Re: Module N1

  • otw38
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 2, 2002
      Does any body have any information on the events at Sequester Con?
      I haven't been able to collect information on gaming events as of yet
      for this. We have to plan our meeting around the events.

      --- In OOPGamersGuild@y..., Curtis Fielder <loc@a...> wrote:
      > Okay, sounds good to me. See you next Sunday.
      >
      > otw38 wrote:
      >
      > > Well, since your the DM for N1, what can we say?
      > >
      > > I might not be available on 7JUL02 because of Sequester Con.
      > > We might be able to schedule on 7JUL02 if no one is going to
      > > Sequester Con. So far, I am not sure yet.
      > >
      > > Who is going to Sequester Con on 7JUL02?
      > >
      > > Maybe we can use 7JUL02 to have a preliminary meeting of sorts
      > > to discuss rules and show our characters to the DM and get his
      > > approval and advisement on our party.
      > >
      > > And we could have this meeting at:
      > >
      > > Residence Inn - Astrodome
      > > Houston, TX
      > > United States
      > >
      > > If any characters or the party is amiss, we can correct it under
      the
      > > DM's supervision.
      > >
      > > What do you think?
      > >
      > > I will definitely not be available on 14JUL02.
      > >
      > > So, why don't we schedule to play OAD&D Module N1 for 21JUL02 12N-
      8PM
      > > at Midnight Comics and Games?
      > >
      > > What do you think?
      > >
      > > Olorin
      > >
      > > --- In OOPGamersGuild@y..., "pope_malraux" <loc@a...> wrote:
      > > > Hey Guys,
      > > >
      > > > Can we wait till after the 4th, I just had some major work for a
      > > show
      > > > that day dropped in my lap. Plus I'm moving this weekend.
      > > >
      > > > After the 4th I'm free friday evenings, saturday and sunday.
      > > >
      > > > Curtis

      Service.
    • otw38
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 4, 2002
        I talked to RoninsFate and he doesn't want to play N1.
        I talked to AJMcKeller and he said that he cannot make it this sunday.
        So, I was thinking that we should scrap the pre-meeting and just
        discuss any pre-gaming discussion within this on-line forum.
        Since RoninsFate won't be playing, we can go ahead and game at
        Midnight Comics and Games (he won't play at a game shop).

        --- In OOPGamersGuild@y..., Curtis Fielder <loc@a...> wrote:
        > Okay, sounds good to me. See you next Sunday.
        >
        > otw38 wrote:
        >
        > > Well, since your the DM for N1, what can we say?
        > >
        > > I might not be available on 7JUL02 because of Sequester Con.
        > > We might be able to schedule on 7JUL02 if no one is going to
        > > Sequester Con. So far, I am not sure yet.
        > >
        > > Who is going to Sequester Con on 7JUL02?
        > >
        > > Maybe we can use 7JUL02 to have a preliminary meeting of sorts
        > > to discuss rules and show our characters to the DM and get his
        > > approval and advisement on our party.
        > >
        > > And we could have this meeting at:
        > >
        > > Residence Inn - Astrodome
        > > Houston, TX
        > > United States
        > >
        > > If any characters or the party is amiss, we can correct it under
        the
        > > DM's supervision.
        > >
        > > What do you think?
        > >
        > > I will definitely not be available on 14JUL02.
        > >
        > > So, why don't we schedule to play OAD&D Module N1 for 21JUL02 12N-
        8PM
        > > at Midnight Comics and Games?
        > >
        > > What do you think?
        > >
        > > Olorin
        > >
        > > --- In OOPGamersGuild@y..., "pope_malraux" <loc@a...> wrote:
        > > > Hey Guys,
        > > >
        > > > Can we wait till after the 4th, I just had some major work for a
        > > show
        > > > that day dropped in my lap. Plus I'm moving this weekend.
        > > >
        > > > After the 4th I'm free friday evenings, saturday and sunday.
        > > >
        > > > Curtis

        Service.
      • Curtis Fielder

          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 7, 2002
            OK, I have reviewed with yaaqov22 and my son and yaaqov22 will play a
            human cleric and my son and I will play human fighters.

            I remember you saying something about one of us needing to be an elf
            for N1. Is it possible that AJ could play a grey elf thief?
            Is that what we need?

            Also, are there any other things that we should know to prepare so
            that our party can be balanced, well-equiped, and properly prepared?

            Thanks..

            OTW

            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 8, 2002

              otw38 wrote:

               OK, I have reviewed with yaaqov22 and my son and yaaqov22 will play a
              human cleric and my son and I will play human fighters.

              I remember you saying something about one of us needing to be an elf
              for N1.  Is it possible that AJ could play a grey elf thief?
              Is that what we need?

              Also, are there any other things that we should know to prepare so
              that our party can be balanced, well-equiped, and properly prepared?

              Thanks..

              OTW

              It really does help if you have an elf.  I have no problems with a Grey Elf Thief.  You do seem short a magic user, but that can be taken care of with no change to the module.

              Quite frankly, I'm not so sure you will survive this run any easier than a strait temple run, but we'll see.

            • Alexander McKellar
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 8, 2002
                Hi guys,
                I think I could manage a grey elf thief. Are we rolling up new 1st level
                characters?

                Alex.

                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 9, 2002
                  I think I might be able to recruit one more player to join us.

                  Maybe he can play a magic-user.

                  Or maybe AJ could play a Grey Elf Magic-User/Thief.

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 9, 2002
                    Yes, using Method I in the 1st edition DMG.

                    yaaqov22 has a human cleric and my son and I each have a human
                    fighter.

                    We need a magic-user and we need an elf and we need a thief.

                    So, maybe you could play a Grey Elf Magic-User/Thief.

                    --- In OOPGamersGuild@y..., "Alexander McKellar" <AJMcKellar@w...>

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/