unique OKI ML674000 + ADS1.2 pls. help!

  • m1kazz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2005
      I am a newbie to the above system but not to assembly language and
      hardware. The
      evaluation board came with virtually no documentation. I got the
      supplied demo binary
      working so the board hardware is Ok but uses 115Kbaud which ADS seems
      unhappy with,
      and the ADS system produces code that runs on the armulator, however
      I can't download
      any code to the board. I am not even sure if there is a suitable
      bootstrap loader or if Angel
      is resident web documents disagree. I have an ARM multi-ICE but would
      like to use the
      board without it because of the expense for student projects.
      Documentation such as
      there is is very general and for the RealView development system.

      Can anyone get me started. A hello world project for the above
      combination would be
      perfect but any help appreciated

      thanks in advance
    • Rick Collins
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2005
        --- In OKI-ARM-mcus@yahoogroups.com, "m1kazz" <a.k.forrest@i...> wrote:

        > I am a newbie to the above system but not to assembly language and
        > hardware. The
        > evaluation board came with virtually no documentation. I got the
        > supplied demo binary
        > working so the board hardware is Ok but uses 115Kbaud which ADS seems
        > unhappy with,
        > and the ADS system produces code that runs on the armulator, however
        > I can't download
        > any code to the board. I am not even sure if there is a suitable
        > bootstrap loader or if Angel
        > is resident web documents disagree. I have an ARM multi-ICE but would
        > like to use the
        > board without it because of the expense for student projects.
        > Documentation such as
        > there is is very general and for the RealView development system.
        >
        > Can anyone get me started. A hello world project for the above
        > combination would be
        > perfect but any help appreciated

        There is a rep from OKI who reads these posts. Perhaps he can help
        you. Have you tried contacting Unique? The product brief claims
        "Thorough documentation with "Quick Start"". I take it this is a bit
        of an exageration. :)

        You might take a look at the Cogent eval board from Nohau. It has a
        boot monitor in the Flash and can even be downloaded over the Ethernet
        port. It goes for $230, a bit more than the $200 you paid for the
        Unique board. It also has the faster 67Q5003 on board.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2005
          Hi,

          The issue you are seeing with ADS may be because you have not setup
          the MultiICE TARGET correctly in AXD - The default AXD target is
          Armulator.
          To fix this: Open AXD and goto OPTIONS->CONFIGURE TARGET.
          In this window choose "ADD" to add the MultiICE dll. The MultiICE
          DLL is in the MultiICE directory.

          You say you want a cheaper option and there are many to choose from.
          If you want to keep ADS then you can use any RDI compliant ICE (EG
          Signum, Ashling Opella and so on). These units are a lot cheaper
          than MultiICE.

          Today I will post some sample code for the Unique board on the Files
          section of this Website.

          Ken

          --- In OKI-ARM-mcus@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Collins" <OKI-ARM-