Re: Using GDB with wiggler

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2004
      Welcome!
      We have used these tools before without issue.
      Do you have the .GDBINIT file setup. You will need this....
      Create the file with the following text:

      # Load the program executable called "PIOTest.elf"
      load obj/PIOTest.elf

      # Load the symbols for the program.
      symbol-file obj/PIOTest.elf

      # Set a breakpoint at main().
      b main

      # Run to the breakpoint.

      In the files section of this group you should fine a GNU folder and
      in there you should have all that is necessary to get the wiggler
      connected.

      Follow the following procedure once the code is compiled:

      Open a Cygwin "Bash" and change to the desired directory
      cd c:/cygwin/tmp/ml674k/sramcode

      Start OCDLibRemote - Open another "bash" window and type:
      /usr/local/bin/OCDLibRemote -c ARM7 -d WIGGLER -s 4
      /usr/local/bin/OCDLibRemote -c ARM7 -d RAVEN -s 4

      OCDLibRemote facilitates communication between GDB and the target
      system via TCP/IP and JTAG

      Now start the GDB - GNU debugger
      /usr/local/arm/bin/arm-elf-gdb

      Hope this helps,
      Ken

      --- In OKI-ARM-mcus@yahoogroups.com, "alessio_demarchi"
      <alessio.demarchi@t...> wrote:

      > Hi to anyone
      >
      > I'm a new member of this group and I'm olso a new ARM user.
      > I've buy a OKI 674K evaboard by Unique (a very low cost kit, about
      > $200), download the GNU software source (GCC, newlib and GDB),
      > compiled and testet. It seems to be ok in compilation/linking of the
      > application. But I've problem in download the binary into my taget
      board.
      > I used a very simple JTAG interface (a wiggler like this:
      > http://www.olimex.com/dev/arm-jtag.html) and a host software by
      > Macraigor (OCDRemote), but it doesen't work fine. Have anybody ever
      > use a free gdb server for interfacing the OKI target board with
      JTAG?