ANNOUNCE - www.theARMPatch.com

  • the ARM Patch
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2004
      <WARNING> - Semi blatent advertising follows

      I've been in the embedded systems business since way back when I had
      more hair of a darker color (colour for those of you across the pond).
      The last few years have allowed me the opportunity to work with the
      smaller ARM processors and I love them. At the start of a recent ARM
      project we (I) was faced with getting the toolset, startup code, and
      packet processor code up and running while the hardware was still
      being designed. After a bit of web searching, an eval board was found
      that had the same processor family as our project and we ordered it.
      A typical eval board arrived soon afterwards. It had a CPU, a
      crystal, some DB-9s, some switches, a few LEDs, and a bunch of holes.
      It did the job I for which needed it but is now sitting on a corner of
      my bench most likely never to be used again. It (the board, not the
      bench) was the least expensive one at the time at about $200 (USD). I
      thought surely there are better alternatives. I just had not found
      one.

      From that background, theARMPatch was born. It is a small company (me)
      whose purpose is to make nicely featured, ARM development/evaluation/...
      boards available at a reasonable price. Boards that can be used to
      bring up toolsets, get startup code running, etc. But also boards
      that can have usefulness afterwards.

      So all that said, if you are still awake and reading, please have a look at
      http://www.theARMPatch.com and let me know what you think. Remember, the
      website and design direction are in their infancy. Your suggestions and
      comments will be appreciated.

      -Bill Knight
      R O SoftWare &
      theARMPatch