Switching OKI ML675001 into bootloader mode without BSEL1

  • flaretom
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2007
      Hello!
      I'm hunting a strange bug. After some hours of flawless work our
      firmware hangs up. Via JTAG i saw, that in bank 0, the bootloader ROM
      (bank 9) is mapped. I thought this is only possible by setting pin
      BSEL1 to high and reset the MCU.
      Is there any undocumented register, that allows to switch bank9 to
      address 0?
    • flaretom
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2007
        --- In OKI-ARM-mcus@yahoogroups.com, "flaretom" <thorn@...> wrote:

        > Hello!
        > I'm hunting a strange bug. After some hours of flawless work our
        > firmware hangs up. Via JTAG i saw, that in bank 0, the bootloader ROM
        > (bank 9) is mapped. I thought this is only possible by setting pin
        > BSEL1 to high and reset the MCU.
        > Is there any undocumented register, that allows to switch bank9 to
        > address 0?

        Remark: The original error isn't the switching into a wrong bank. I
        think the firmware crashes somehow and than overwrites some portions
        of memory and registers eventually switching the bank.