bruning ML67Q5003 flash from program

  • WadeA & RebeccaM Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2006
      Hi,
      I'm new to the group because I'm working with a 5002/5003 and I need
      to program the flash from within the program.
      I'm using the Rowley toolset (www.rowley.co.uk).
      The code to actually erase/burn flash is assigned to the ".fast"
      section which gets automatically loaded to RAM at startup.
      Following the Oki docs (500x user manual) and the Rowley-provided
      loader.c file, I attempt to erase a sector (2K).
      The code does all of the setup commands for a sector erase and then
      waits for the beginning of the sector to turn into 0xFFFF. That
      never happens. The sector remains unchanged.
      I'm only two weeks late on this part of a project -- and I have
      the "easy" part.

      Here is what the Rowley loader code does and what the Oki docs say:

      0x0555=0xAA
      0x02AA=0x55
      0x0555=0x80
      0x0555=0xAA
      0x02AA=0x55
      *sectorAdrs=0x30
      wait(?forever? or until WatchDog bites)

      Any ideas on how to at least erase a sector? If I can erase, I know
      I can then program, but I gotta get on first base to do anything.

      wade