question about linker

  • Med
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2006
      Hi All:

      I´m using the gnu tools for arm. So I call the compiler gcc and then
      linker ld that creates the xxx.map file. When I see this file found
      that linker puts in the output file some functions that I´m no call on
      my routines, increasing unnecesary the size of the output file.
      Is there any flag for tell the linker that no use functions on the
      output file, if they are not called in the others modules?

      Other issue is that if I define a funtion as static, linker never
      includes in the output file.

      Someone can help me with this?