writing to flash

  • Chris Hiszpanski
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2006
      Hi,

      I was planning on disassembling the code in the ML67Q5003's bootrom to see
      how it writes to flash so that I can write a driver for redboot to be able
      to program flash via ethernet. Before I start though, does anyone already
      know how to write to flash and erase flash sectors?

      Cheers,
      Chris

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2006
        Hi Chris

        The 4K/5K UM details the Flash programming method. It uses the
        standard CFI.
        Also there is sample code available that shows how the flash the part.
        This ships on the CD that comes with the CPU Board from Oki.
        The BootROM does not do any programming. The code to program the Flash
        is downloaded via the serial port. The bootROM takes care of setting
        up the serial port for that operation.

        Ken

        --- In OKI-ARM-mcus@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hiszpanski" <chiszp@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I was planning on disassembling the code in the ML67Q5003's bootrom
        to see
        > how it writes to flash so that I can write a driver for redboot to
        be able
        > to program flash via ethernet. Before I start though, does anyone
        already
        > know how to write to flash and erase flash sectors?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Chris

      • WadeA & RebeccaM Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
          Since I do not have the CPU Board from Oki, I do not have the CD.
          could you email me the sample code to erase/burn flash?

          TIA,

          wade

          --- In OKI-ARM-mcus@yahoogroups.com, "kendwyer" <kendwyer@...> wrote:

          > Hi Chris
          >
          > The 4K/5K UM details the Flash programming method. It uses the
          > standard CFI.
          > Also there is sample code available that shows how the flash the
          part.
          > This ships on the CD that comes with the CPU Board from Oki.
          <snip>