Re: Follow on to previous post

    Message 1 of 7 , May 31 10:34 AM
      Hi

      The issue you are seeing is with the linker file definitions. What
      version of IAR are you using?
      I am not familiar with the code or the board you are using. However as
      a reference you can download some IAR sample code from the Oki website:

      http://www2.okisemi.com/site/productscatalog/armsolutions/mcumpu/availabledocs/Intro-5430.html

      Thanks
      Ken

      --- In OKI-ARM-mcus@yahoogroups.com, "eleking22" <Aiden.Morrison@...>
      wrote:

      > *Update*
      >
      > Pe005 error was solved by seeing that the IAR project was pointing to
      > an imaginary directory on the C: drive.... by forcing myself to follow
      > this apparently unchangable definition for where the project should be
      > the silly thing could find the header file.
      >
      > Now I'm faced with the following error:
      >
      > Fatal Error[e72]: Segment CODE must be defined in a segment definition
      > option (-Z, -b or -P)
      >
      > hoo boy :)

    • eleking22
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31 12:55 PM
        Hi Ken, Thanks for the reply.

        I'm using version 4.31A, the most current one as of last week.

        I took a look at the oki code there, and it appears to be for their
        ARM9 ML69 series of controllers, and unfortunately I'm using the ARM7
        ML67500x series (distinction from the ML67400x series appears to be 8k
        of cache, and lack of popularity :P)

        I've been able to get some assembly code working on it to do the
        things that the IAR workbench would botch, so i'm pretty confident
        it's not an issue with my hardware.

        I simply have little interest in working entirely in assembly :(

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
          Hi,

          Yes that code is for ARM9 but it should help with setting the linker
          file. If you go to the files section of this group there is a IAR
          Sample code for the ML67Q500X. This may help too

          Is the issue you are having still related to compilation (Fatal
          Error[e72])? Or have you got past that?

          Ken

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
            Aiden,

            One more thing.....
            Make sure that the IAR tool is pointing to the correct linker file.
            The linker file that comes with the sample code is what youy need to
            point to not the default IAR linker file....

            wrote:

            > Hi Ken, Thanks for the reply.
            >

            > I'm using version 4.31A, the most current one as of last week.
            >
            > I took a look at the oki code there, and it appears to be for their
            > ARM9 ML69 series of controllers, and unfortunately I'm using the ARM7
            > ML67500x series (distinction from the ML67400x series appears to be 8k
            > of cache, and lack of popularity :P)
            >
            > I've been able to get some assembly code working on it to do the
            > things that the IAR workbench would botch, so i'm pretty confident
            > it's not an issue with my hardware.
            >
            > I simply have little interest in working entirely in assembly :(
            >
            > --- In OKI-ARM-mcus@yahoogroups.com, "kendwyer" <kendwyer@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi
            > >
            > > The issue you are seeing is with the linker file definitions. What
            > > version of IAR are you using?
            > > I am not familiar with the code or the board you are using. However as
            > > a reference you can download some IAR sample code from the Oki
            website:

            http://www2.okisemi.com/site/productscatalog/armsolutions/mcumpu/availabledocs/Intro-5430.html

            > > Thanks
            > > Ken
            > >
            > > --- In OKI-ARM-mcus@yahoogroups.com, "eleking22" <Aiden.Morrison@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > *Update*
            > > >
            > > > Pe005 error was solved by seeing that the IAR project was
            pointing to
            > > > an imaginary directory on the C: drive.... by forcing myself to
            follow
            > > > this apparently unchangable definition for where the project
            should be
            > > > the silly thing could find the header file.
            > > >
            > > > Now I'm faced with the following error:
            > > >
            > > > Fatal Error[e72]: Segment CODE must be defined in a segment
            definition
            > > > option (-Z, -b or -P)
            > > >
            > > > hoo boy :)

          • eleking22
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
              Good Day,

              I gave the IAR code from this group another shot last night, taking
              care to point to the xcl that was included with the project in the
              linker settings of the IAR C/C++ compiler.

              The issue of 'one of __ARM_... or __THUMB_... must be defined' reared
              its ugly head again though, so I decided to simply comment out the
              offending #ifdef statements.

              The build process got through the compilation stage after this
              modification (why would it check for a definition if its not used
              elsewhere?) but then informed me that the 'CODE' section of memory had
              not been defined.

              Sure enough, upon review of the included XCL file within the project,
              there was no CODE definition.

              My thoughts at this point are that enough must have changed with IAR
              EWARM between versions 3.5 (I believe the version the project was
              created under) and version 4.31A that I might be out of my league
              getting it working.

              Judging by the poll in the polls section, GNU ARM is almost twice as
              popular as the IAR software I'm trying to use, and might be a better
              bet since even the IAR support keeps referring to the wrong CPU when I
              ask for help :)

              I have GNU ARM installed, but I'm very used to 'hold your hand'
              environments like MPLAB. If anyone could provide a sample project and
              directions on how to go about the basics of getting it compiled and
              into the MCU, I would be very appreciative.

              Thanks again to everyone taking the time to read this.

            • eleking22
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
                I should have checked the files section before making the request for
                GNU support.

                Thank you again Ken, I'm going to give your example GNU projects a shot.