[OKI-ARM-mcus] Re: Oki Semiconductor Incorporates Unique Features to Deliver Industry's Lowest

  • junger zou
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 11, 2005
      hi :

      it is seemed very well:-)

      but do you notice the write time of the Embeded flash
      of the chips , it is no more than 500 times, so maybe
      everyone want to use the chip they need get one AME51
      first for debug.

      Junger
      --- Eric Engler <englere.geo@...>写道:

      ---------------------------------

      http://www2.okisemi.com/site/press/pressrelease/current/PR-
      > Current.html/PR-20050808.html
      >
      > http://www.nuhorizons.com/ame51/

      I just attended the class today in Atlanta. I was
      quite impressed!
      This was not a marketing event - this was a pure
      techie event.

      From the moment I arrived I got "down and dirty" with
      the ame51 demo
      board, the JLink, and the IAR tool suite. They had
      everything boxed up
      when we arrived, and we unpackaged it, wired it up,
      and most of us got
      it working in less than 15 minutes, before the class
      offically started!

      The IAR representative couldn't make it so I was a
      little concerned at
      first. But that doubt went away when it became obvious
      that the OKI
      representatives were extremely knowledgeable about the
      IAR toolset.
      They didn't miss a beat.

      The demo projects were well thought-out, as was the
      ame51 board
      itself. They had a large amount of RAM that could be
      configured into a
      ROM emulation mode, which made it possible to support
      many breakpoints.

      The instructors from OKI and Nu Horizons were very
      knowledgeable about
      ARM devices in general, and not just the OKI devices.
      I asked a lot of
      questions and several others asked a lot of questions,
      and we always
      got great answers. These guys knew their stuff. In
      some classes I've
      had before the instructors seemed to draw a blank if
      you get them off
      of their prepared material, but this was not a problem
      in this class.

      Their presentation was full of technical details and
      good advice, and
      the labs were well designed. We only had 4 hours to
      work with, but it
      was jam-packed with info and it'll take me a couple
      days to digest it all.

      If any of you have a chance to attend this class in
      another city
      please do it! It's the best 4 hours I've spent in a
      long time.

      I had to rush out at the end because I was due accross
      town for a
      meeting. I felt bad that I didn't have more time to
      socialize. I hope
      the fine people involved with this event will get the
      word on how much
      I enjoyed it.

      Thanks OKI and Nu Horizons!

      Oki
      Microprocessor
      Microcontrollers

      Pic microcontrollers
      8051 microprocessor

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------

      雅虎免费G邮箱-中国第一绝无垃圾邮件骚扰超大邮箱
      http://cn.mail.yahoo.com
    • Eric Engler
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 14, 2005
        > but do you notice the write time of the Embeded flash
        > of the chips , it is no more than 500 times, so maybe
        > everyone want to use the chip they need get one AME51
        > first for debug.

        Wow, I didn't know it was only 500 times. That seems very low to me.

        But the AME51 board has 1 Meg of external RAM onboard, and they let
        you map it to the normal flash range. Most of the time people will
        develop programs using this RAM feature. This lets you set more than 1
        breakpoint, and this will help to save the flash.

        I was suprised that they make one version of the chip small enough to
        fit on a smart card (which is the size of a credit card).