Re: [OKI-ARM-mcus] Re: Oki Semiconductor Incorporates Unique Features to Deliver Industry's Lowest

  • Chris Hiszpanski
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 17, 2005
      I'm in California and bought mine straight from Amontec in Switzerland.
      Shipped within a few days. I don't know of any distributors. You may want to
      ask the company, though I don't think a distributor is necessary -- the
      company will ship straight to you without the added cost of a middle man.

      Cheers,
      Chris

      >Is there any north american distributers for this chameleon pod?
      >Sounds like what I've been looking for.
      >
      >Thanks, Doug
      >

      >Chris Hiszpanski wrote:
      >
      > >I used the Amontec ChameleonPOD in conjunction with GNU GDB (ARM Ltd.
      > >supported distribution at www.codesourcery.com). Take a look at
      > >http://www.amontec.com It's ~$200, but relatively cheap in comparison to
      > >other commercial solutions.

    • Eric Engler
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 29, 2005
        > http://www.nuhorizons.com/ame51/

        I signed up for one of the free seminars advertised on this web page,
        but I was surprised that I never got an email confirmation.

        I also sent an email to one of the contact addresses to see if anyone
        could verify my seat in the class, but nobody ever responded.

        This seems odd to me?
      • Eric Engler
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 31, 2005
          I got email today from nuhorizons and OKI. They didn't show that I
          registered for the seminar. I don't know this for sure, but the
          website may have been incompatible with Firefox. I suggest that if
          anyone is thinking about signing up for a free sminar, it might be
          wise to use Internet Explorer.

          They've got me signed up now. Thanks to anyone who helped! It was
          important to me to get this worked out. It sounds like a very
          interesting seminar!

          Eric
        • Eric Engler
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 11, 2005
            > http://www2.okisemi.com/site/press/pressrelease/current/PR-
            > Current.html/PR-20050808.html
            >
            > http://www.nuhorizons.com/ame51/

            I just attended the class today in Atlanta. I was quite impressed!
            This was not a marketing event - this was a pure techie event.

            From the moment I arrived I got "down and dirty" with the ame51 demo
            board, the JLink, and the IAR tool suite. They had everything boxed up
            when we arrived, and we unpackaged it, wired it up, and most of us got
            it working in less than 15 minutes, before the class offically started!

            The IAR representative couldn't make it so I was a little concerned at
            first. But that doubt went away when it became obvious that the OKI
            representatives were extremely knowledgeable about the IAR toolset.
            They didn't miss a beat.

            The demo projects were well thought-out, as was the ame51 board
            itself. They had a large amount of RAM that could be configured into a
            ROM emulation mode, which made it possible to support many breakpoints.

            The instructors from OKI and Nu Horizons were very knowledgeable about
            ARM devices in general, and not just the OKI devices. I asked a lot of
            questions and several others asked a lot of questions, and we always
            got great answers. These guys knew their stuff. In some classes I've
            had before the instructors seemed to draw a blank if you get them off
            of their prepared material, but this was not a problem in this class.

            Their presentation was full of technical details and good advice, and
            the labs were well designed. We only had 4 hours to work with, but it
            was jam-packed with info and it'll take me a couple days to digest it all.

            If any of you have a chance to attend this class in another city
            please do it! It's the best 4 hours I've spent in a long time.

            I had to rush out at the end because I was due accross town for a
            meeting. I felt bad that I didn't have more time to socialize. I hope
            the fine people involved with this event will get the word on how much
            I enjoyed it.

            Thanks OKI and Nu Horizons!
          • junger zou
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 11, 2005
              hi :

              it is seemed very well:-)

              but do you notice the write time of the Embeded flash
              of the chips , it is no more than 500 times, so maybe
              everyone want to use the chip they need get one AME51
              first for debug.

              Junger
              --- Eric Engler <englere.geo@...>写道:

              ---------------------------------

              http://www2.okisemi.com/site/press/pressrelease/current/PR-
              > Current.html/PR-20050808.html
              >
              > http://www.nuhorizons.com/ame51/

              I just attended the class today in Atlanta. I was
              quite impressed!
              This was not a marketing event - this was a pure
              techie event.

              From the moment I arrived I got "down and dirty" with
              the ame51 demo
[...]

              Oki
              Microprocessor
              Microcontrollers

              Pic microcontrollers
              8051 microprocessor

              Terms of Service.

              ---------------------------------

              雅虎免费G邮箱-中国第一绝无垃圾邮件骚扰超大邮箱
              http://cn.mail.yahoo.com
            • Eric Engler
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 14, 2005
                > but do you notice the write time of the Embeded flash
                > of the chips , it is no more than 500 times, so maybe
                > everyone want to use the chip they need get one AME51
                > first for debug.

                Wow, I didn't know it was only 500 times. That seems very low to me.

                But the AME51 board has 1 Meg of external RAM onboard, and they let
                you map it to the normal flash range. Most of the time people will
                develop programs using this RAM feature. This lets you set more than 1
                breakpoint, and this will help to save the flash.

                I was suprised that they make one version of the chip small enough to
                fit on a smart card (which is the size of a credit card).