67Re: RTOS and TCP/IP Stack

  • Rick Collins
    Jan 2, 2005
      --- In OKI-ARM-mcus@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chiszp@h...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Has anyone used any RTOS or TCP/IP stack with the Oki ARMs?
      >
      > Currently I am looking at using the GNU LwIP stack with the Cirrus
      > Logic CS8900A chip but without an OS. Does anyone has information on
      > how to use this stack with the Oki ARMs?

      I am glad you posted your question here. But I have to tell you this
      is not a real active group. I have not seem many users answer
      questions, but there is an OKI guy who will pick up the ball once in a
      while.

      I don't think the OKI parts are going to be much different from any
      other ARM7 devices in regards to using an RTOS and TCP/IP stack.
      Cogent makes a board that comes with a monitor in flash that I believe
      supports TCP/IP. This would be a good unit to play around with. I
      think it is about $230, but Cogent does not sell it direct, Nohau does
      however. Check the links page.

      I am sure Nuhorizons sells them since they are being supplied by OKI.
      But the price may be a bit higher this way. I found it rather hard
      to get info on an older OKI board for the ML674000 parts, but you can
      find info on the Cogent or Nohau sites.

      If you can't get a board and you need one quick, I have one of the
      Cogent boards I am not using.

      If you contact Nohau, ask them about a board support package for GCC.
      I will be happy to post any such files on the www.gnuarm.com site.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic