Blue Ball- #1, 2: I don't care what they say about you...

  • rossclannoble
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2006
      ON:
      <<USS Pegasus, Brig>>

      Ryylar sat in his solitary cell. He had managed to get a little
      sleep and laid back on the bed in the cell, staring at the ceiling
      as he wished that someone would come visit him. Sitting in this
      little cell only reinforced the loneliness. With occasional jeers
      from the four lieutenants down the cell block being his only source
      of conversation, he was rather lonely.

      Russell wanted to make sure everybody would get a shot of his
      medicine. Infected or not, this disease should have no chance of
      making it to Earth. The queues were a bit shorter now, when almost
      everybody had reported to sickbay to get the cure. He slipped out
      for a moment to visit the brig. He had heard there were several crew
      members locked up after a bar fight.

      He walked into the brig and nodded to the security officer sitting
      next to the door. Russell recognized him, as he gave him a hypo
      about an hour ago. "I'm here to visit the prisoners." he said.

      "Okay." the security officers said and led Russell to a cell with a
      Caitian inside. He lowered the forcefield and Russell stepped
      in. "Hello, I'm Doctor Russell D. Floyd." he greeted the big cat.

      "Niccccce to meet you Doctorrrrrrr." He said, sitting up.

      "What can I do forrrrrrr you?" He asked. Being in the brig meant he
      was out of the normal information loop and hadn't heard about the
      cure yet.

      "I believe it's what I can do for you." Russell said with a
      smile. "I finally managed to find a cure for the thought speaking
      disease." he said while reaching for the hypo in his med kit.

      "You have!?" He asked, his eyes widening as he vaulted up to his
      feet in excitement.

      "That'ssss fantassssstic! You'rrrrrre a geniussssss doc! I knew you
      could do it!" He proudly exclaimed, having hoped for this day for a
      while now.

      "Thanks for the compliment." Russell said. "But I've had some help
      with solving the puzzle." he said and put the hypo against the arm
      of the Cait. Before injecting it he warned Ryylar. "This works
      almost instantly, and when it does you might feel some sort of brain
      freeze." he explained the sensation he got when he tried the
      medicine om himself. Then the hypospray made it's trademark hissing
      sound.

      "Arrrrrrrre you cccccerrrrrt--" He started and all of his large
      Caitian bulk immediately dropped to the floor of the cell with a
      heavy thud as the medication took effect.

      Russell hadn't seen such a strong reaction to his cure and
      immediately sat down next to the Caitian. "Are you alright?" he
      asked. He put the hypo back in his kit and got his medical tricorder.

      Unconscious, Ryylar lay there unmoving and unresponsive.

      Russell scanned the Caitian. The tricorder showed that he had been
      knocked out. <That's not good.> he thought to himself and looked in
      his med kit for another hypo. He put in a firm stimulant to try and
      wake up Ryylar. He injected the hypo in the neck of the Caitian.

      "Yow!" He said, his eyes flying open as he sat up with a jolt and
      nearly knocked Doctor Floyd over, shaking his head. His Caitian
      senses had been overloaded and he blinked, trying to clear his mind.
      <Doctor didn't take that into account? Come on, how genius can he be?
      > Ryylar thought. He didn't say it though. Grinning Ryylar leapt to
      his feet.

      "Yahooooooo! It worrrrrrrked Doctorrrrrrr!" He beamed proudly.

      "For a moment I thought you might be the only one having allergic
      reactions to the cure." Russell said relieved as he got up from the
      floor. "There was no way for me to test it." He straightend his
      uniform and picked up his hypo and put it back in the med kit. "Glad
      to be of help." he said looking at the Caitian.

      "Thank you ssssssirrrrrrr." He said with a smile and a nod.

      "You rrrrrrreally arrrrrre a geniussssss, I don't carrrrrre what
      anyone elsssssse sssssaysssss about you." He said with a joking
      chuckle.

      "Hmm, what do they say about me?" Russell asked with a raised
      eyebrow and smiling slightly. He had some idea what it could be. He
      was wondering if Ryylar would confirm his 'suspicion'.

      He chuckled.

      "It wassssss a joke doctorrrrrrr, that'sssss why they made me
      Morrrrrrale officccccerrrrrr, becausssssse I have a sssssensssse of
      humorrrrrr." He chuckled and patted the doctor's shoulder.

      "Bessssssidesssss, if anyone werrrrrre to sssssay anything, I'd be
      the firrrrrrrsssssst to tell them how wrrrrrrong they rrrrrrrreally
      arrrrre." He said with a firm nod.

      "I'm the first to appreciate a good sense of humour." Russell
      laughed. "With everyone speaking their thoughts some better left
      unsaid opinions did pop out. I'm glad that's over."

      Russell got a serious look on his face. "What does a morale officer
      do in the brig,if I may ask?"

      "Wasssssste time." He said with a bit of a grimace. It wasn't like
      there was much to do here but waste time and wait for visitors.

      "Hope forrrrrr visssssitorrrrrrssss." He added and then shrugged.

      Russell looked a bit surprised at Ryylar. "What a place to waste
      some time." he said. "I knew there was a shortage in crew quarters,
      but it can't be this bad."

      "Well when the Commanderrrrrrr of the sssssship thrrrrrrowssss you
      in herrrre forrrrrr decking sssssseverrrrral sssssuperrrrriorrrrr
      rrrrranking officccccerrrrrrssss afterrrrrr they ssssssexually
      harrrrrassssss a waittrrrressssss and sssssstarrrrrrt hurrrrrling
      rrrrrrracccccisssst insssssultsssss at you, then therrrrrre
      rrrrrrreally isssssn't much of a choicccccce issss therrrrrre?" he
      asked.

      "Sexual harassment? They don't deserve to be superiour officers when
      they act like that." Russell said slightly agitated. "I might have
      acted the same way you did." he added.

      "Everrrrrrryone ssssssaysssss that I did the rrrrrright thing...
      well exccccccept forrrrr the chief of sssssssecurrrrrrity." He said
      with a nod.

      "You stood up for a just cause and made a decision in a split
      second." Russell said. "It's difficult to make the right decision in
      such short notice. It's to damn easy afterwards to say you would
      have done it different. You don't regret your actions?"

      "I ssssssuppossssssse I have to if I'm being punisssssshed forrrrrr
      sssssstrrrrriking a ssssssuperrrrriorrrrr officcccerrrrr but
      trrrrrruth be told, I don't." He said with a nod.

      "That'sssss what everrrrrryone ssssssaysssss, so I guesss it
      workssssss out in the end." He said with a shrug and a smile.

      "I guess. But still, you're in here. Not for the long run, I hope?
      Russell asked.

      "Fourrrrr dayssssss." He said with a nod, indicating he'd be out
      rather soon.

      "Then you'll be out soon again." Russell said, trying to see it from
      the bright side. "Hope you're not claustrophobic."

      "No, I figurrrrrrre if I could lasssssst a prrrrrrregnancccccy
      insssssside a rrrrrrrroom the sssssize of my head with half a dozen
      otherrrrrrr Caitiansssssss, I can handle a cccccccell." He said,
      chuckling.

      "I see why they made you a Morale officer." Russell smiled. "You're
      the proprietor of the mess hall too, right? I believe you gave the
      place a real name now. Haven't been there in a while." he said
      trying to make some conversation. "I'll need to come and see what
      you did to the place."

      "The Bellerrrrrrophon'sssss den, yeah it'sssss a nice placccce. When
      I get out of herrrrrrre I'll get you a drrrrrrrink therrrrrre." He
      said with a smile and nod.

      "That's a deal then." Russell said. "I'd better check up on the
      other guests in here. Don't want to spread the disease to Earth." he
      added making his way out of the cell.

      "All rrrrrrright doctorrrrrrr. I hope you have a good
      ssssshorrrrrrreleave." He said with a nod and smile as he watched
      the forcefield go down and then back up once Russell had left.

      OFF:

      A JP by:

      Lt. (jg) Dr. Russell D. Floyd
      Chief Medical Officer