Re: solar observing session

  • Ken Whitnall
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
      Michael,

      The Tim Horton's I'm referring to is across from the Hunt Club Golf
      Course. It's right in front of the Days Inn which is next to the Hunt
      Club entrance to Uplands. The Uplands entrance is the first light east
      of Riverside on Hunt Club.

      - Ken

      --- In OAFs@yahoogroups.com, "mcwolfsonca" <wolfson@...> wrote:

      > I'd be happy to do noon till 4pm or so at Uplands. How about
      > starting by meeting up at Tim Horton's at noon. Where exactly on
      > Hunt Club is this Timmy's? -- Michael

    • Ken Whitnall
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
        Michael,

        I try to be there at noon. We can hang out for a coffee of so in case
        someone else wants to join in, then we'll head onto the Base. For those
        who would like to have a look through an ultra narrow band H-Alpha
        filter you should come down for a bit and join in for some views.
        We'll be at the parking lot right in the middle of the field next to
        the hanger for the Central Band.

        Cheers, Ken

        -- In OAFs@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Whitnall" <kwhit@...> wrote:

        Michael,

        The Tim Horton's I'm referring to is across from the Hunt Club Golf
        Course. It's right in front of the Days Inn which is next to the Hunt
        Club entrance to Uplands. The Uplands entrance is the first light east
        of Riverside on Hunt Club.

        - Ken

        --- In OAFs@yahoogroups.com, "mcwolfsonca" <wolfson@> wrote:

        > > I'd be happy to do noon till 4pm or so at Uplands. How about
        > > starting by meeting up at Tim Horton's at noon. Where exactly on
        > > Hunt Club is this Timmy's? -- Michael

      • mcwolfsonca
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
          Sounds good. See you at Timmy's -- Michael

          --- In OAFs@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Whitnall" <kwhit@...> wrote:

          > Michael,
          >
          > I try to be there at noon. We can hang out for a coffee of so in
          case
          > someone else wants to join in, then we'll head onto the Base. For
          those
          > who would like to have a look through an ultra narrow band H-Alpha
          > filter you should come down for a bit and join in for some views.
          > We'll be at the parking lot right in the middle of the field next to
          > the hanger for the Central Band.
          >
          > Cheers, Ken
        • RICHARD HARDING
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
            Hi Ken:
            If I come later, could you please post the location of the "base" again? Thanks!!
            Richard

            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
              Sounds good. See you at Timmy's -- Michael

              --- In OAFs@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Whitnall" <kwhit@...> wrote:

              > Michael,
              >
              > I try to be there at noon. We can hang out for a coffee of so in
              case
              > someone else wants to join in, then we'll head onto the Base. For
              those
              > who would like to have a look through an ultra narrow band H-Alpha
              > filter you should come down for a bit and join in for some views.
              > We'll be at the parking lot right in the middle of the field next to
              > the hanger for the Central Band.
              >
              > Cheers, Ken
            • Attilla Danko
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                Err.I'd like to come too. By the landmarks offered in the previous
                post are unfamilliar to me. Anybody got something I can look up like
                an address or a street intersection?

                On 7/1/08, RICHARD HARDING <richardharding@...> wrote:
                > Hi Ken:
                > If I come later, could you please post the location of the "base" again? Thanks!!
                > Richard

                attilla danko, danko@..., http://cleardarksky.com/csk
              • Robert Alexander
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                  At 12:14 -0400 2008/07/01, Attilla Danko wrote:
                  >Err.I'd like to come too. By the landmarks offered in the previous
                  >post are unfamilliar to me. Anybody got something I can look up like
                  >an address or a street intersection?

                  Here's the coordinates from one of Ken previous postings. If you just
                  paste them into Google maps, it'll show the proposed location.
                  That's what I'm going on right now,. :)

                  +45° 20' 0.37", -75° 40' 33.18" (45.333436, -75.675883)

                  Rob
                • David Waterman
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                    - I'm thinking of going also will leave in about 40 minutes

                    They must be around Breadner Blvd which runs between Canadair
                    Street and Uplands Drive in Canadian Forces Base Ottawa (south)
                    old Uplands base
                    Canadair and Uplands Dr. both run south off Hunt Club Rd.

                    Beardner Blvd runs between the two

                    Dave cell number 613 884-0097 For better directions

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                      -Drove out to uplands no luck finding group

                      -- In OAFs@yahoogroups.com, "David Waterman" <davidwaterman@...>
                      wrote:

                      > - I'm thinking of going also will leave in about 40 minutes
                      >
                      > They must be around Breadner Blvd which runs between Canadair
                      > Street and Uplands Drive in Canadian Forces Base Ottawa (south)
                      > old Uplands base
                      > Canadair and Uplands Dr. both run south off Hunt Club Rd.
                      >
                      > Beardner Blvd runs between the two
                      >
                      > Dave cell number 613 884-0097 For better directions

                      > -- In OAFs@yahoogroups.com, "Attilla Danko" <danko@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Err.I'd like to come too. By the landmarks offered in the previous
                      > > post are unfamilliar to me. Anybody got something I can look up
                      like
                      > > an address or a street intersection?
                      > >
                      > > On 7/1/08, RICHARD HARDING <richardharding@> wrote:
                      > > > Hi Ken:
                      > > > If I come later, could you please post the location of
                      > the "base" again? Thanks!!
                      > > > Richard

                    • Bruce Harding
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                        Sorry you did not make it out. It was fun. Not sure where you where on
                        uplands.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
                          Hi David!
                          Too bad, we had fun as usual, and I had the BEST solar view yet in Ken W.'s fine set-up!!
                          Richard