What are those weird blue icons in the calendar.

  • attilla.danko@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2001
      The ones next to the moohphase icons?

      There little bits of a satellite picture from the future.

      The Canadian Meteological Center runs a big computer simulation
      that predicts cloud cover in canada for up to 48 hours in
      the future.

      The calendar on this group automatically links to the right
      CMC prediction page for the evening of the event date.
      The little blue icons mark which calendar items are within the
      48 hour precdiction range of CMC. If you look closely you'll
      see that they are slightly different. They are actually little
      bit of the real forcast image. The wiggly black line is
      the ottawa river. If you click on the calendar event link,
      you'll goto a page with event details and a bigger cloud forcast
      map.

      The point is that we can use the CMC images to get an idea
      if its going to be clear on the night of a starparty.

      Seeing 48 hours into the future is pretty cool, I think.

      -ad