Re: Solar Eclipse in Libya

  • mcwolfsonca
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
      (Actually, I don't think it is Simon who is the MC for the RASC meetings, but
      I've forgotten his name...)

      --- In OAFs@yahoogroups.com, "mcwolfsonca" <wolfson@...> wrote:

      > Posting this from Sebha in SW Libya, after 4 nights camping in Sahara
      > desert since no hotels between here and centerline. Went to Waw an
      > Namus crater (SE Libya near border with Chad) for TSE on 29th.
      > Before that, 000's of kms (!) driving from Tunisia.

    • Al Seaman
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 10:08 AM
        mcwolfsonca wrote:
        > Posting this from Sebha in SW Libya, after 4 nights camping in Sahara
        > desert since no hotels between here and centerline. Went to Waw an
        > Namus crater (SE Libya near border with Chad) for TSE on 29th.
        > Before that, 000's of kms (!) driving from Tunisia.
        >
        > Eclipse was wonderful. [...snip...]

        Great report!

        > No eclipse photos, but many of everything else. Hopefully, Simon
        > Hanmer will give me a few minutes at the May RASC meeting to show
        > some photos. (Don't know his email -- can someone forward this to
        > him?)

        The Meeting Chair is Chuck O'Dale, email: codale0806@...

        Cheers - Al
      • Douglas B. George
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5 7:31 AM
          Mercedes and I just returned from our eclipse cruise. We also observed the
          eclipse from Libya. I'll be showing my images at the meeting on Friday.

          Doug

          -----------------------------------

          Doug George
          dgeorge@...

          Diffraction Limited
          Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products
          http://www.cyanogen.com

          25 Conover Street
          Ottawa, Ontario,
          Canada, K2G 4C3

          Phone: (613) 225-2732
          Fax: (613) 225-9688

        • mcwolfsonca
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6 5:24 AM
            Sorry, I'll miss RASC this week; still on the Euro side of the big
            pond... -- Michael