Re: M51

  • Mike Zeidler
    Message 1 of 57 , Apr 1, 2004
      Albert, do you use the same data for both L? If so, any old shot can
      be reprocessed with this technique. Nice work btw.

      ziggy
      --- In OAFs@yahoogroups.com, "Albert Saikaley" <albert.saikaley@c...>
      wrote:
      > John,
      > I usually use the LRGB method (4 images, one unfiltered and 3
      > filtered). LLRGB uses the Lum twice as you compose the image. I'll
      > use whatever looks best. Here's Gendler's link that decribes the
      > process.
      >
      > http://www.robgendlerastropics.com/LLRGB.html
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Albert.
      >

      > --- In OAFs@yahoogroups.com, "John Thompson" <thompsjm@i...> wrote:
      > > Amazing shot, Albert. Even the TSP shot is not too shabby, but
      > the
      > > new one is amazing, especially as taken from a suburban location.
      > > Its as good an amateur shot as I have seen anywhere.
      > >
      > > Pardon my ignorance, but what is LLRGB? I know what LRGB is.
      > >
      > > rascaljohn
      > >

      > > --- In OAFs@yahoogroups.com, "Albert Saikaley"
      > <albert.saikaley@c...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Here's M51 from last nights adventure. I was looking to grab at
      > > > least 2 hrs of Lum and some more colour but dew lost me almost
      > an
      > > > hours worth of data (damn Mr. Murphy). I did however this time
      > > find
      > > > a good guide star and was able to use 5 minute sub-frames
      > combined
      > > > with my RGB's from the TSP last spring.
      > > >
      > > > Details: C11 f/5 ST-7E selfguided LLRGB 70:15:15:15
      > > >
      > > > http://www3.sympatico.ca/berts/pages/M51.htm
      > > >
      > > > Last years attempt from the TSP:
      > > >
      > > > http://www3.sympatico.ca/berts/images/M51TSP.jpg
      > > >
      > > > This comparison shows that skill is more important than dark
      > > skies.
      > > > Hopefully I'll get another chance to image under a dark sky! TSP
      > > > 2005!
      > > >
      > > > Cheers,
      > > > Albert.
    • majikthyze
      Message 57 of 57 , Apr 23, 2017
        Thanks again folks.

        Mike, I'm not sure if I'll be available that Friday but will let you know.

        Andre