New member from Belgium,

  • Stéfan & Marie Noëlle Paitoni
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
      Hello,

      Can I Introduce myself and my first project in 0f-14 ?

      My name is Stéfan Paitoni, Steamy Stef. I am very interested by narrow gauge
      railway.

      I’m a member of the ‘Tramway Touristique de l’Aisne’ in Belgium, a meter
      gauge railway, and in charge of the steam locomotives.

      I’m also very interested by the 600mm gauge railway. I try to reproduce the
      specific feeling of this gauge through some small dioramas.

      Here are some snapshots from my last work…

      The first steps. The diorama is 600mm by 400,

      A self made PointWork,

      The futur workshop. I try to follow the excellent work from Check Doan and
      Marcel Ackle.

      The workshop doors,

      Now, I’m working on the roof.

      All comments are welcome

      Steamy Stef

      Tramway Touristique de l'Aisne

    • John Clutterbuck
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
        --- In O-14@yahoogroups.com, Stéfan & Marie Noëlle Paitoni
        <stefan.paitoni@...> wrote:

        > Can I Introduce myself and my first project in 0f-14 ?
        > Here are some snapshots from my last work…

        Hi Stefan,

        Welcome to the group.

        That's very nice work in your photos - and I like the man enjoying the
        beer!

      • Frank Sharp
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2008
          All, but perhaps especially Roy Link,

          At last I've dug out my Wrightlines Baldwin and made a start. The kit seems
          to have a 'bit of a reputation' but it is going together fairly well, though
          with several alterations. The original design used a Triang XO4 motor which
          occupied the cab. I've avoided that with a Hi Level Gear Box with an
          extension, so the cab is clear. There is no cab interior detail provided,
          but I have the NGRS booklet and a lot of pictures taken at the WHR 1964, one
          lot with the 'scrap' on a wagon just being delivered and some a year later
          laid out on the floor a Gelert's farm. The drawing in the NGRS booklet which
          is by Roy shows the boiler backplate and I have a bit of a photo of it, so I
          think I can concoct that. At the back of the cab, and shown in Roy's plan
          view is an upright 'partition, shaped like a V with the apex cut off. This
          is obviously the coal bunker. However my photo of the bits on the back of
          the lorry shows what might either be a shelf along the cab back, partly over
          the coal space, or it might be the floor. There is a coal 'hole' on the RHS
          of the partition (right as standing in cab looking forward), was there one
          on the LHS?

          Please, has anyone any information that might help?

          I've posted my picture on 0-14 in my photo album Garrett G16 and on the 7mm
          NGA group at the end of Cussing Clarke Trestle Bridge. The cab back/bunker
          just shows behind the tanks, it is laid on its face with the cab rear and
          rack for the water lifting pipe uppermost.

          Apologies for cross posting.

          Frank

          __

        • John Clutterbuck
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 10, 2008
            --- In O-14@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Sharp" <Frank.J.Sharp@...> wrote:

            > Please, has anyone any information that might help?

            Frank,

            In the Gratton & Band Ashover Light Railway book there are some good
            drawings and lots of photos, some of which show remnants of the locos
            which provide some useful insights.

          • John Clutterbuck
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
              --- In O-14@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Sharp" <Frank.J.Sharp@...> wrote:

              > At last I've dug out my Wrightlines Baldwin and made a start.

              Frank,

              Are you planning to use DCC with sound in this loco? If so have you
              considered where the decoder and speakers can go?

              In my old Baldwin I shoe horned a CT Elektronik SL74 into the boiler
              and squeezed a rectangular speaker in the coal bunker space. It's
              still all rather jury rigged and I intend to rebuild it and install it
              properly based on experience gained from building another one.

            • Frank Sharp
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
                John,

                My Welsh narrow gauge all has DCC, but I'm not using sound. I have a pile of
                Zimo chips I bought a few years ago, should go in bunker or in forward part
                of boiler.

                Frank