Re: Have-a-go Track Building at Pewsey 18th August

  • John Clutterbuck
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
      --- In O-14@yahoogroups.com, MARC WITTEN <Marc.Witten@...> wrote:

      > Could you give me some more info,on this event cause i might be
      > able/possible assist in track building .

      It is a joint event in one venue for one price combining Wiltshire 009
      open day with MOMING07. This link explains it better than I can:
      http://forum.gn15.info/viewtopic.php?t=2683

      For clarification I will be demonstrating the building of track work
      as featured in my articles in NG&I
      (http://www.narrowgaugeandindustrial.com/magazine.htm). I also invite
      people to try the basic techniques for themselves if they wish on a
      small piece of board especially if they have never done it before.

      I look forward to seeing you there if you make it. I was only joking
      about the teaching of the next victim/pupil (however I will want to go
      walkabout at times).

    • David Hughes
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
        >From: "John Clutterbuck" <jclutterbuck2001@...>
        >Any lucky victims will get the chance to make spikes and then use them
        >to spike a small section of track

        Steve and I will be there (hopefully with supplies)

        >I might even bring along the hateful 8 footed beast that has taken up
        >the best part of 3 1/2 years modelling time however I cant promise it
        >will show off it's reversing valve gear.

        Have you seen the Algerian Garrett in Voie Libre? What the French call a
        241-142 (4-8-2 2-8-4 to us).

        Regards,
        David H

      • John Clutterbuck
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2007
          Just a note to say that I still intend to run the Have-a-Go O-14 track
          building sessions at the joint 009 Open Day/ MOMING 2007 expo.

          Please say hello if you are a member of this group even if you don't
          want to have a go. Be nice to put some faces to familiar names - but
          whether I'll remember the connection is another matter!

          Saturday 18 August 2007 10.00 – 5.00
          Place: Bouverie Hall, Pewsey, Wiltshire, SN9 5EQ
          Admission: £3.00 (covers all parts of the exhibition)