Re: [O14] Re: Moel Tryfan drawings

  • Marquis DeCarabas
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 21, 2013
      On 21 August 2013 13:38, Paul Holmes <heatonwood@...> wrote:
      > Thanks Marquis, I have not found any sensible limit with our Virgin broadband ever, so as big as you like please.
      > Thanks again
      > Paul

      Just checking out a 1200dpi scan. I'm having a break from constructing
      a kitchen for the other half!
      --
      De Carabas.

      At the service of Angel Islington......
    • Paul Holmes
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 21, 2013
        Marquis
        I have found the blue book via Amazon but the only red book is called 'More about the Welsh Highland Railway' by 'anon'. Raleigh Press 1966. Is this the red book??
        Paul

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 21, 2013
          On 21 August 2013 14:07, Paul Holmes <heatonwood@...> wrote:
          > Marquis
          > I have found the blue book via Amazon but the only red book is called 'More about the Welsh Highland Railway' by 'anon'. Raleigh Press 1966. Is this the red book??

          Blue = The Welsh Highland Rly by C. E. Lee, published by the WHRS and
          David and Charles 1962, cover price 9s 6d
          Red = More About the Welsh Highland Railway, published by the '64 Co
          and D&C. Two known editions and a reprint, if you can get the 1972
          edition cover price of 70p. The earlier edition was 1965, reprinted
          1969.

          Does that make sense?

          --
          De Carabas.

          At the service of Angel Islington......
        • Sue & Graham Spencer
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 21, 2013
            Yes – the preface to the “Red Book” says it’s intended as a follow up to Charles Lee’s original and is in exactly the same format and style, though no single author is credited.  These two books, bought at an exhibition in Birmingham round about 1967, were my introduction to the WHR.

            Graham

            Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:07 PM
            Subject: [O14] Re: Moel Tryfan drawings

          • Marquis DeCarabas
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 21, 2013
              Large file in the process of leaving this machine.

              Please let me know if you get it OK.

              --
              De Carabas.

              At the service of Angel Islington......
            • Brian
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 21, 2013
                Paul,
                Why don't you download and install "Dropbox", by placing photos or files into it, you can access
                them whenever you want to with a smart phone, or in this case if Marquis also has dropbox he can
                place the files into his dropbox and give you his email address and you can get them from there to
                copy into your computer, it's simple to use and free.
                <https://www.dropbox.com/downloading>

                Brian
                Qld. Aust.
                > Thanks Marquis, I have not found any sensible limit with our Virgin broadband ever, so as big as
                you like please.
                > Thanks again
                > Paul

                Just checking out a 1200dpi scan. I'm having a break from constructing a kitchen for the other half!
                --
                De Carabas.

                At the service of Angel Islington......

                -----
                No virus found in this message.
                out of date.
              • Marquis DeCarabas
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 21, 2013

                  On 21 Aug 2013 19:50, "Brian" <rallim56@...> wrote:

                  > Paul,
                  > Why don't you download and install "Dropbox",

                  Fair point. I've got a 50GB dropbox that I must get round to using sometime!

                  MdeC