L & B World DVD

  • Tony Spencer
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 27, 2013

      L & B World DVD

      Filmed at Warley National Model Railway Exhibition by Trevor Garnham.

      At the N.E.C. Birmingham  24 - 25th November 2012,

      The DVD record of this unique event is now available. It is likely to be a limited edition

      With all the proceeds being donated to the L&BR Trust.

      Now available from www.lynton-rail.co.uk or from Woody Bay.

      Price £10.00.   Don’t miss it.

    • Tony Spencer
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 28, 2013

        I understand the Trust are rebuilding the web site - which should be back up in about a week in the meantime it is just snail mail, email and phone.

        Woody Bay Station, Martinhoe Cross,

        Parracombe, Devon EX31 4RA

        enquiries@...

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 9, 2013
          I was looking for some other items and just happened on this company, they offer some really good looking wheels.

          Brian
          Qld. Aust.

        • scanman1947
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 9, 2013
            Nice link, Brian - especially the 'ship parts' pages. I have a
            'Severn Trow' to build at some stage...

            Regs

            Ian

            On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 18:57:09 +1000, you wrote:

            >I was looking for some other items and just happened on this company, they offer some really good
            >looking wheels.
            > <http://www.rbmodel.com/index.php?action=products&cat=c_wh>
            ><http://www.rbmodel.com/index.php?action=products&cat=c_wh>
            >

            >Brian
            >Qld. Aust.
            >

            >-----
            >No virus found in this message.
          • John C
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 9, 2013
              Hi Brian,

              Well found - I agree the wheels look very useful. I think the axle lengths of the Oe wheelsets may be shorter than the typical UK 4mm axles which means they may not fit in standard bogies/compensation units etc.

              Ian - if you want ship fittings try these: http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/ship_fittings.html

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 9, 2013
                John -

                Thanks for that - I notice they are agents for RB Models!

                Regs
                Ian

                On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 14:14:47 -0000, you wrote:

                >Hi Brian,
                >
                >Well found - I agree the wheels look very useful. I think the axle lengths of the Oe wheelsets may be shorter than the typical UK 4mm axles which means they may not fit in standard bogies/compensation units etc.
                >
                >Ian - if you want ship fittings try these: http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/ship_fittings.html
                >
                >Regards
                >John
                >
                >--- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <rallim56@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> I was looking for some other items and just happened on this company, they offer some really good
                >> looking wheels.
                >> <http://www.rbmodel.com/index.php?action=products&cat=c_wh>
                >> <http://www.rbmodel.com/index.php?action=products&cat=c_wh>
                >>

                >-----
                >No virus found in this message.
              • adriangrayfr
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 9, 2013
                  Yes, John, you are right. Most UK manufacturers provide 4mm scale and O-16.5 rolling stock wheels on 26mm long axles - Alan Gibson will do you 24.5mm as a special order (they're what I use in my Assoc slate waggon kits 'cos I put 2mm ssoc pinpoint bearings in).

                  I confess I have no idea what the usual length of On30 axles is - these may match them.

                  Adrian

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 9, 2013
                    On30 use 26mm axles pretty much as standard.

                    Brian
                    Qld. Aust.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 9, 2013
                      John,
                      It is easy enough to buy new 1.6mm.x 26mm. Axles.

                      Brian
                      Qld. Aust.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 9, 2013
                        I agree, however a shorter axle may be more appropriate for some 2ft prototypes. Certainly the David Provan kit Hudson Bogie kit I have been battling with has very short axles (and could only be built to 14mm gauge or less) although having finally got it together I'm not taking it apart to measure them.

                        John

                        --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <rallim56@...> wrote:

                        > John,
                        > It is easy enough to buy new 1.6mm.x 26mm. Axles.
                        >

                        > Brian
                        > Qld. Aust.
                      • Trevor Shaw
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 9, 2013
                          Brian,

                          I've been looking for 2ft 6in diameter, 8-spoke wheels with skinny tyres for some time. I got quite excited when I saw this site. However . . . the nearest they do are 680mm dia, which is a bit less than 2ft 3in. Axles are no worry; I'll make my own (for 4ft gauge with inside bearings).

                          Still, the price is good -- EU 4.84 ( = GBP 4.20) for 2 axles as opposed to GBP 8.71 for Slaters 2ft 7in, split spoke wheels (nearest I've found yet). That means a reasonable price for wheels that look right and a ride height 0.9mm too low versus expensive wheels that look wrong and a ride height that's 0.3mm too high. I can easily adjust the bearings on my coal trams to compensate for the smaller diameter of the RBModels wheels.

                          So provided samples of the RB wheels prove satisfactory, it's a no-brainer. Many thanks for the link.

                          Trevor.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 9, 2013
                            Hi Guys

                            The May issue of BRM features 'Rhyd' and carries some superb professionally taken photographs of the layout, including a two-page spread (just like Playboy - but in this case is doesn't matter where the staples go!).

                            Cheers

                            David

                          • John C
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 13, 2013
                              I persuaded my good lady to get me a copy whilst shopping yesterday. A great article David and yes I did enjoy the lady in the centre fold :)

                              John