E-mail address

  • Frank Sharp
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 19, 2012

      All, or is it each?

      I’ve departed Tesco, too expensive, too slow.

      Was frank.j.sharp@...

      Is frank.j.sharp@...

      Frank

    • kevin MacIntosh
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012
        Hi All

        Would any of know where i can get info. drawing of a South African narrow gauge turn out. As I have someone who is interested in making a 014 turn out kit. And as Wales has alot of the SAR items it would benefit those modelling welsh narrow gauge.

        Thanks
        Kind Regards
        Kevin

        I’ve departed Tesco, too expensive, too slow.

        Frank

      • Keith
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012
          Sorry Kevin I dont have a drawing but I would be interested in the kit please can you keep us all advised.

          Keith HC, Dursley

          --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, kevin MacIntosh <kelf28@...> wrote:

          > Hi All
          >
          > Would any of know where i can get info. drawing of a South African narrow gauge turn out. As I have someone who is interested in making a 014 turn out kit. And as Wales has alot of the SAR items it would benefit those modelling welsh narrow gauge.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Kind Regards
          > Kevin
        • vincent_wesstein
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012
            Kevin,

            A small number of people have received drawings in the past, including myself. However, that was under the strict condition that it was purely for personal purposes and that these drawings (I also have one for the S30 pointwork the F&WHR use now their stock of ex-SAR points has run out) are not to be redistributed. It's terribly frustrating not to be able to share this resource, but we (and certainly I) must respect the intellectual property the FR has on these drawings. Once the FR gives the OK, I'll post them in the Files section. Having asked several times before, I really don't know if and when the FR will allow sharing these drawings...

            Your best bet is to contact the WHR Construction company director John Ewing, although I doubt he'll give you permission to pass the drawing on for the chap making (commercial) kits of them. And please don't do it regardless, as you will definitely destroy the carefully build up relationships modellers like myself have with FR officialdom... It's probably better for that person to contact the FR himself and make an arrangement involving royalties paid to the FR on these kits, it's far more likely to attract the attention of FR management! ;-)

            Regards, Vincent Wesstein
            the Netherlands

            --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, kevin MacIntosh <kelf28@...> wrote:
            > Would any of know where i can get info.
          • John C
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012
              These construction plans are seriously detailed and of course are copyright, however for modelling purposes we only really need the basic geometry, length of rails and sizes/positions of the sleepers enough to make a good enough representation in model form. If someone can be (officially) lent a copy of the plan for the purpose of creating a simple outline plan that can be published then that would suffice. There are plenty of public photos to help with minor detail.

              --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "vincent_wesstein" <vincent_wesstein@...> wrote:

              > Kevin,
              >
              > A small number of people have received drawings in the past, including myself. However, that was under the strict condition that it was purely for personal purposes and that these drawings (I also have one for the S30 pointwork the F&WHR use now their stock of ex-SAR points has run out) are not to be redistributed. It's terribly frustrating not to be able to share this resource, but we (and certainly I) must respect the intellectual property the FR has on these drawings. Once the FR gives the OK, I'll post them in the Files section. Having asked several times before, I really don't know if and when the FR will allow sharing these drawings...
              >
              > Your best bet is to contact the WHR Construction company director John Ewing, although I doubt he'll give you permission to pass the drawing on for the chap making (commercial) kits of them. And please don't do it regardless, as you will definitely destroy the carefully build up relationships modellers like myself have with FR officialdom... It's probably better for that person to contact the FR himself and make an arrangement involving royalties paid to the FR on these kits, it's far more likely to attract the attention of FR management! ;-)
              >
              > Regards, Vincent Wesstein
              > the Netherlands
              >
              > --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, kevin MacIntosh <kelf28@> wrote:
              > > Would any of know where i can get info.

            • Halket family
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012

                …to make a good enough representation…*splutters uncontrollably*

                Seriously though, it does sound interesting. Especially to someone like me who likes to model fictitious modern preservation lines.

                Tim Halket

                01787 280835

                www.timhalket.com

                follow me on twitter @timhalket

                These construction plans are seriously detailed and of course are copyright, however for modelling purposes we only really need the basic geometry, length of rails and sizes/positions of the sleepers enough to make a good enough representation in model form. If someone can be (officially) lent a copy of the plan for the purpose of creating a simple outline plan that can be published then that would suffice. There are plenty of public photos to help with minor detail.

                --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "vincent_wesstein" <vincent_wesstein@...> wrote:

                > Kevin,
                >
                > A small number of people have received drawings in the past, including
                myself. However, that was under the strict condition that it was purely for personal purposes and that these drawings (I also have one for the S30 pointwork the F&WHR use now their stock of ex-SAR points has run out) are not to be redistributed. It's terribly frustrating not to be able to share this resource, but we (and certainly I) must respect the intellectual property the FR has on these drawings. Once the FR gives the OK, I'll post them in the Files section. Having asked several times before, I really don't know if and when the FR will allow sharing these drawings...

                > Your best bet is to contact the WHR Construction company director John
                Ewing, although I doubt he'll give you permission to pass the drawing on for the chap making (commercial) kits of them. And please don't do it regardless, as you will definitely destroy the carefully build up relationships modellers like myself have with FR officialdom... It's probably better for that person to contact the FR himself and make an arrangement involving royalties paid to the FR on these kits, it's far more likely to attract the attention of FR management! ;-)

                > Regards, Vincent Wesstein
                > the Netherlands
                >
                > --- In O14@yahoogroups.com,
                kevin MacIntosh <kelf28@> wrote:
                > > Would any of know where i can get info.

              • Iain Fraser
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012

                  Vincent

                  The WH Construction Company is now defunct and wound up. The present Chief Civil Engineer will have the ultimate say.

                  He is Julian Harrison, Festiniog Railway Company, Harbour Station, Porthmadog, LL49 9NF.

                  He I actually based elsewhere but that’s the postal address. Its worth asking.

                  I know the Company can be very helpful on a personal level but for commercial situations it’s legally a very different ball game.

                  Cheers

                  Iain

                  In Porthmadog

                  A small number of people have received drawings in the past, including myself. However, that was under the strict condition that it was purely for personal purposes and that these drawings (I also have one for the S30 pointwork the F&WHR use now their stock of ex-SAR points has run out) are not to be redistributed. It's terribly frustrating not to be able to share this resource, but we (and certainly I) must respect the intellectual property the FR has on these drawings. Once the FR gives the OK, I'll post them in the Files section. Having asked several times before, I really don't know if and when the FR will allow sharing these drawings...

                  Your best bet is to contact the WHR Construction company director John Ewing, although I doubt he'll give you permission to pass the drawing on for the chap making (commercial) kits of them. And please don't do it regardless, as you will definitely destroy the carefully build up relationships modellers like myself have with FR officialdom... It's probably better for that person to contact the FR himself and make an arrangement involving royalties paid to the FR on these kits, it's far more likely to attract the attention of FR management! ;-)

                  Regards, Vincent Wesstein
                  the Netherlands

                  --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, kevin MacIntosh <kelf28@...> wrote:
                  > Would any of know where i can get info.

                • adriangrayfr
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012
                    Gentlemen,

                    Allow me a little while to see whether I can sort something out.
                    I hadn't got Iain pinned as a fellow modeller, so interested to see his name here!

                    Adrian - the FfRy one!!

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012
                      Thanks Adrian, we're waiting in anticipation then!

                      Iain, my last contact with John on this matter was, IIRC, shortly before the opening of the final section to Port, and in the intervening period I didn't pay too much attention to what went on at Harbour Stn... Thanks for the update then :-)

                      Regards, Vincent Wesstein
                      the Netherlands

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 25, 2012

                        Vincent…

                        No worries.

                        Without stealing Adrians thunder I had a meeting today with Julian Harrison on another matter. I did mention the question of drawings etc. He was very positive about assisting model makers on an individual basis if possible. But any commercial use of FR property either directly or implied is seen as a different issue. The attitude was not negative and Im convinced the right approach to Julian will get a positive response.

                        Hope that helps

                        Cheers

                        Iain

                        In Porthmadog