Re: GIZMO II

  • Stefan
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 5, 2011
      Please,

      Could someone 'decode' the subject for us?
      What Adrian speak about... GIZMO ? Is it in relation with 014 modelling or something he like or... ?
      I'm sorry but there is so poor info about this GIZMO!

      Regards

      Stefan
    • Adrian Coombes
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2011
        Hi Stefan et al,

        GIZMO II is a stand alone system that is being delveloped for the control of RC servos that can control turnouts (points) and signal etc.

        GIZMO I turned out to be too unweildly, too many wires running all round the layout!

        Hence the MkII version relies on small units positioned as and where required. They comprise:-
        Input module, servo control module, relay switch module and a lamp/LED module.
        Control is via a 5 wire bus (including the power supplies).

        It is NOT connected to the DCC system, yet. It is part of the  S&T system for the layout.
        It is still under developement, but so far so good.

        It is extremely cost effective, compared with commercially available products. It is also well within my budget.

        Electronics are a part of the modelling scene, this is just me doing things my own way.
        We build our own track etc. , so why not the control system?

        Each to their own way.

        Regards,

        Adrian(C).

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2011

          Thanks Adrian…

          As you rightly said “electronics are a part of the modeling scene’… and I am grateful someone is trying to improve on that which is now available commercially…

          All the best

          Barry Lawrence

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2011
            Hi Barry,

            I'm NOT trying to improve on anything. Just trying to build a system that does what I want it to do! Dare I say, personalizing it?

            Yes, I want it to work this way. And it, so far, is!

            Regards,

            Adrian(C).

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 5, 2011

              Bravo Adrian…

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 6, 2011
                Thank you Adrian for this good explanation!