Small Motors

  • James Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2007
      Hello,

      I'm normally a lurker here but finally I get to break my silence!

      I'm desperately trying to find an equivalent for the Branchlines
      8x10x12.75 flat can motor. For those with their list, its the top one
      in the table. I'm told by Branchlines they're unlikely to ever come
      back into stock.

      I have very specific requirements for a motor of this size which can
      only vary +/- 1mm in height and width at the most and must have double
      shafts, but without going down the sub 12v or "pager" motor route.

      If anybody knows of an alternative source for these motors, or the
      manufacturer, or an equivalent then I'd be most grateful.

      Thanks for your time,
      James Smith.
    • Mark K
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2007
        G'day James,
        I work in a hobby shop that stocks Mashima motors via Branchlines, I'll
        check to see if there are any in stock mid next week. If there are, how many
        do you need?
        Regards,
        Mark K
        Sydney Aus

        I'm normally a lurker here but finally I get to break my silence!

        I'm desperately trying to find an equivalent for the Branchlines
        8x10x12.75 flat can motor. For those with their list, its the top one
        in the table. I'm told by Branchlines they're unlikely to ever come
        back into stock.

        I have very specific requirements for a motor of this size which can
        only vary +/- 1mm in height and width at the most and must have double
        shafts, but without going down the sub 12v or "pager" motor route.

        If anybody knows of an alternative source for these motors, or the
        manufacturer, or an equivalent then I'd be most grateful.

        Thanks for your time,
        James Smith.

        O-14 Photos area:

        O-14 Files area:
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Vincent Bradley
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
          Did you check NWSL. They carry the Sagami group of motors in a large
          variety of sizes. Also, Mashima motors are available from other companies.
          Vincent
          Cincinnati, Ohio

[...]

          1:37 PM
        • Chris Abbott
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
            James Smith wrote:
            > Hello,
            >
            > I'm normally a lurker here but finally I get to break my silence!
            >
            > I'm desperately trying to find an equivalent for the Branchlines
            > 8x10x12.75 flat can motor. For those with their list, its the top one
            > in the table. I'm told by Branchlines they're unlikely to ever come
            > back into stock.
            >
            > I have very specific requirements for a motor of this size which can
            > only vary +/- 1mm in height and width at the most and must have double
            > shafts, but without going down the sub 12v or "pager" motor route.
            >
            > If anybody knows of an alternative source for these motors, or the
            > manufacturer, or an equivalent then I'd be most grateful.
            >
            > Thanks for your time,
            > James Smith.

            I've ordered motors from http://www.micro-loco-motion.com/ with good
            results.
            He stocks a wide variety of sizes and manufacturers.

            ChrisA
          • James Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
              Thanks for the info so far guys, I've spent rather too much time
              searching the internet today, unfortunately to no avail!

              Sadly NWSL only seem to produce the Sagami motors from 12mm dia.
              upwards; the space I have available won't really even accommodate
              10mm dia. 8mm - 8.5mm is a comfortable maximum.

              Mark - if you come across any of the 8mm(W) x 10mm (H) x 12.75mm (L)
              flat cans formerly available via Branchlines I'd very happy to take
              say 3 or 4, thanks for the offer to have a look, especially on the
              other side of the world!. I'm really not sure of the manufacturer,
              I'm certain its not Mashima - Branchlines prefix their refs with the
              manufacturers initial, this particular motor is prefixed K
              (K.8/12.75), I can't think of any manufacturers beginning with 'K',
              any suggestions?!

              Once again thanks so far!
              James.

              --- In O-14@yahoogroups.com, "Mark K" <trainbrain@...> wrote:

              > G'day James,
              > I work in a hobby shop that stocks Mashima motors via Branchlines,
              I'll
              > check to see if there are any in stock mid next week. If there are,
              how many
              > do you need?
              > Regards,
              > Mark K