Vees and Common Crossings

  • borgrailuk
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
      Hi,

      Thought you might like to know that I have extended my range to include 0-16.5 and 014 NG

      Details are on my website <http:///www.borg-rail.com>

      Stephen Freeman
    • John C
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2011
        Hi Stephen,

        Are these available in Karlgarin rail?

        --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "borgrailuk" <borgrail@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Thought you might like to know that I have extended my range to include 0-16.5 and 014 NG
        >
        > Details are on my website <http:///www.borg-rail.com>
        >
        > Stephen Freeman

      • borgrailuk
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
          Hi,

          Well at the moment I only have the Peco version to hand but of course I can always get some Kalgarin rail.

          Stephen

          --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "John C" <jclutterbuck2001@...> wrote:

          > Hi Stephen,
          >
          > Are these available in Karlgarin rail?
          >
          > Regards
          > John
          >
          > --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "borgrailuk" <borgrail@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Thought you might like to know that I have extended my range to include 0-16.5 and 014 NG
          > >
          > > Details are on my website <http:///www.borg-rail.com>
          > >
          > > Stephen Freeman

        • Paul Holmes
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
            Hi Stephen

            After trying your link, I find your website is '.co.uk' not '.com' !! This might put off some interested parties. The Kalgarin rail is flat bottom not bullhead, so may not file/fit in jigs quite the same way.
            I have not tried the Kalgarin yet, but shall be shortly as my latest project is not FR in double headed but Tal-y-llyn in flat bottom with part spiked part chaired track. The track was laid in lengths of 21 feet, according to Boyd, and rail joints were held in a common chair. There were then two more chaired sleepers and 4 spiked sleepers to the length ( p302 in Boyd's atmospheric book.)

            I also don't know which e-group this should be discussed on, as it will not be 0-16.5, but 0-16 as the TR track was nominally 2'3" plus the thickness of the ganger's thumb - I reckon on 2'3.5" or 16.04mm gauge - call it 16mm. The great thing is that this narrows the gauge back to EM or O14 standards and cuts out the slop associated with 00 standards without having to change the back to back - which will stay at 14.5mm, 1.5mm less than gauge.

            I have digressed!

            Paul

            --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "borgrailuk" <borgrail@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Thought you might like to know that I have extended my range to include 0-16.5 and 014 NG
            >
            > Details are on my website <http:///www.borg-rail.com>
            >
            > Stephen Freeman

          • Stephen
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
              On 06/08/2011 13:30, Paul Holmes wrote:

              Hi Stephen

              After trying your link, I find your website is '.co.uk' not '.com' !! This might put off some interested parties. The Kalgarin rail is flat bottom not bullhead, so may not file/fit in jigs quite the same way.
              I have not tried the Kalgarin yet, but shall be shortly as my latest project is not FR in double headed but Tal-y-llyn in flat bottom with part spiked part chaired track. The track was laid in lengths of 21 feet, according to Boyd, and rail joints were held in a common chair. There were then two more chaired sleepers and 4 spiked sleepers to the length ( p302 in Boyd's atmospheric book.)

              I also don't know which e-group this should be discussed on, as it will not be 0-16.5, but 0-16 as the TR track was nominally 2'3" plus the thickness of the ganger's thumb - I reckon on 2'3.5" or 16.04mm gauge - call it 16mm. The great thing is that this narrows the gauge back to EM or O14 standards and cuts out the slop associated with 00 standards without having to change the back to back - which will stay at 14.5mm, 1.5mm less than gauge.

              I have digressed!

              Paul

              --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "borgrailuk" <borgrail@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > Thought you might like to know that I have extended my range to include 0-16.5 and 014 NG
              >
              > Details are on my website <http:///www.borg-rail.com>
              >
              > Stephen Freeman

              Hi,

              The actual website is .com but .co.uk will work as well as it points to the .com address! (Both are hosted normally by UK2.net)

              Of course I know that both Peco and Kalgarin code 82 are Flat Bottom, no problem.

              I think TR it could quite well be discussed on the 7mmNG site if you wished, as it covers all the narrow gauges.

              --
              Stephen Freeman
              Finescale Trackwork 7mm to 4mm scales
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
                Hi Paul, all,
                As list owner I have no problem with discussion of 'finescale'
                modelling of 1:43/O scale narrow gauge to the correct gauge on this
                list, even if not quite 2' or 600mm gauge. Same goes for the recent 21mm
                gauge posts. If the 'odder' gauges do start to proliferate and get heavy
                on the list then I or another moderator will step in when that time comes.
                Cheers,
                Mark

                On 6/08/2011 9:30 PM, Paul Holmes wrote:
                > Hi Stephen
                > <SNIP>
                > I also don't know which e-group this should be discussed on, as it will not be 0-16.5, but 0-16 as the TR track was nominally 2'3" plus the thickness of the ganger's thumb - I reckon on 2'3.5" or 16.04mm gauge - call it 16mm.
                >
                > I have digressed!
                >
                > Paul

              • John C
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
                  I personally think any discussion on scale 7mm narrow gauge modelling should be very welcome here. I can't wait to see the fruits of your labours Paul.

                  John

                  --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holmes" <heatonwood@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Stephen
                  >
                  > After trying your link, I find your website is '.co.uk' not '.com' !! This might put off some interested parties. The Kalgarin rail is flat bottom not bullhead, so may not file/fit in jigs quite the same way.
                  > I have not tried the Kalgarin yet, but shall be shortly as my latest project is not FR in double headed but Tal-y-llyn in flat bottom with part spiked part chaired track. The track was laid in lengths of 21 feet, according to Boyd, and rail joints were held in a common chair. There were then two more chaired sleepers and 4 spiked sleepers to the length ( p302 in Boyd's atmospheric book.)
                  >
                  > I also don't know which e-group this should be discussed on, as it will not be 0-16.5, but 0-16 as the TR track was nominally 2'3" plus the thickness of the ganger's thumb - I reckon on 2'3.5" or 16.04mm gauge - call it 16mm. The great thing is that this narrows the gauge back to EM or O14 standards and cuts out the slop associated with 00 standards without having to change the back to back - which will stay at 14.5mm, 1.5mm less than gauge.
                  >
                  > I have digressed!
                  >
                  > Paul
                  >
                  > --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "borgrailuk" <borgrail@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > Thought you might like to know that I have extended my range to include 0-16.5 and 014 NG
                  > >
                  > > Details are on my website <http:///www.borg-rail.com>
                  > >
                  > > Stephen Freeman

                • borgrailuk
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 29, 2011
                    Hi,

                    Just a reminder that prices go up on 1 September 2011, so it's last chance to order to beat the price rise.

                    Details are on my website .

                    Stephen