Who's going to Burton next week?

  • John C
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2010
      I know there is unlikely to be any O14 layouts at the 7mmNGA show next Saturday and our usual stalwart David/KBscale is not attending either. However, I'm sure there's enough of us going to have an impromptu meet and a pint/tea/cake or two.

      I'm intending to bring along some of my coupling and axlebox developments - my experiments with real working springs seem promising.

      I'm looking forward to meeting up with old friends and would be nice to meet some of the new (or unknown to me) group members. If you see an oldish git with a tash wearing an I LOVE O14 badge please say hello.

    • Frank Sharp
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2010
        I'll be around, or as those who know me might say a round from early on.
        Please bring something for the competitions, entry forms and conditions on
        the web site. I've been talking to Adrian (Gray) at Portmadoc today. Sunny
        if a cool breeze off the sea.

        Should I get some other badges made, I was thinking of '16.5 is enough for
        any man (or woman)'

        John, have a look at the boxes EDM have developed for outside frame locos,
        Paul was showing them to me today and might solve all your problems.

        Now to go and wash the soot out of what bit of hair I have left,

        Frank

        _____

        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2010
          John

          You must have missed the message from Andy Young on 24th April when he said

          "This year, O14 is being represented by Rowland Binns' 'Teigl Tramway',
          which has been the subject of several articles in Narrow Lines. However, this
          was the ONLY O14 layout that I was offered."

          Mike

          Message 4 of 8 , May 3, 2010
            I stand corrected - I've added an event to the O14 group website.

            John

            Message 5 of 8 , May 3, 2010
              Hi Frank,

              I fully agree with your comments on Paul's axleboxes and I'm very likely to use them in future loco building exercises.

              What I have been exploring are wagon axleboxes. I'll post a photo on the group which will hopefully explain all.

              John

              --- In O14@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Sharp" <Frank.J.Sharp@...> wrote:

              > John, have a look at the boxes EDM have developed for outside frame
              > locos, Paul was showing them to me today and might solve all
              > your problems.
            • Frank Sharp
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2010
                John,

                Keep an eye for an announcement on High Level's web site. He showed me some
                axleboxes for 2mm axles at Scalefour. Maybe not for rolling stock but I'm
                thinking of another De Winton, but, and say it very quietly, here 16.5 mm
                gauge.

                Frank

                _____

                Message 7 of 8 , May 3, 2010
                  Hi John,

                  Am still counting the pennies left over from The Brizzle show, but hope to make it to Burton next weekend.

                  Incidently, can view the 'I Love O14' logo, but don't appear to be able to anything with it. Is it my PC or what?

                  Regards, Adrian (the other one), overdosed in exhibiting at the moment.

                  (3 day show, outcome? 1 turnout built!)

                  I know there is unlikely to be any O14 layouts at the 7mmNGA show next Saturday and our usual stalwart David/KBscale is not attending either. However, I'm sure there's enough of us going to have an impromptu meet and a pint/tea/cake or two.

                  I'm intending to bring along some of my coupling and axlebox developments - my experiments with real working springs seem promising.

                  I'm looking forward to meeting up with old friends and would be nice to meet some of the new (or unknown to me) group members. If you see an oldish git with a tash wearing an I LOVE O14 badge please say hello.

                • Paul Holmes
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 5, 2010
                    Hi John I will be there and look forward to seeing the couplings especially - they look to be a remarkable bit of model engineering Paul