Turnout Calculator

  • John Clutterbuck
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2005
      Hi All

      In the course of investigating how to draw correct scale turnouts I
      came across a turnout calculator which is available from this site:
      http://www.urbaneagle.com/data/index.html which also contains lots of
      other useful info.

      I note there is an entry for Scale 7 (but not any other 7mm scales) so
      thought it might be worth contributing data for O-14.

      It seems quite easy to add new entries to the scales and gauges sheet
      which seems to have both imperial and metric measurements for gauge
      etc. I am proposing the following for the metric with the imperial
      being simply these converted to inches.

      Gmin: 14.00
      Gmax: 14.40 (suggestions welcome)
      Cmin: 13.00 (CN on our standards)
      Smax: 12.00 (OC on our standards)
      Pmax: 12.50 (suggestions welcome)

      I think the letters used are based on the NMRA ones (see
      http://www.nmra.org/standards/S-3_1ProtoTrackwork.html ) and I have
      tried to correlate them with our standards and make some stabs at the
      2 missing values, but would appreciate some feedback from those the
      group.

      Furthermore I have not yet tried using the figures in a CAD program. I
      have had 3rd Planit for some time which I use for general design but
      have yet to try it to produce point templates using the calculated
      values. I would be interested to hear of other users experiences with
      this or other products e.g. Templot etc.

      If anyone wants a copy of the spreadsheet with the additional line
      then please email me direct.