Re: O14 website is now live

  • John Clutterbuck
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
      Dear Martin,

      --- In O-14@yahoogroups.com, Martin Field <paglesham@...> wrote:
      > If I have a contribution, how do I offer it? The link to
      contributors came up "couldn't be found".

      I have fixed the links on the About page and have also updated the
      notes for contributors to include how you prepare and submit posts:
      http://www.o14group.org/2008/09/16/notes-for-commentators/

      > I have a series of articles about scenic and accesories stuff that
      > I wrote originally for MRJ.

      These sound fascinating articles. You may note I 'borrowed' one of
      your boat photos in the Photos section of this group for the
      round-robin images header of the new site.

      If these are in-depth articles you may in the first instance want to
      pass them by Roy for possible publication in the Review. I'm sure Roy
      will give you a quick answer. Otherwise by all means add them on the
      site as posts or if you prefer as a PDF doc which you can also upload
      with a link.

    • Martin Field
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
        John, I'm flattered that you chose one of my pictures. Please, help yourself!
        I'll try to follow your instructions for uploading, but please bear in mind I'm no whizz with the digitals.
        I had considered Roy for the articles, but because they're not specifically NG I thought he'd not want them taking up space in a narrow gauge magazine with a limited amount of articles per issue.  Hence my thinking of the new site.
        I'll have to retrieve them from my old laptop (if my son hasn't taken it apart!) and check them over for up-to-datedness, etc.  But then I might try Roy first.  Perhaps he'd like the boats one as so many NG layouts seem to have boats.  For ships, maybe John of County Gate would be better.  I'm strictly smaller stuff, especially inland navigation.

        Thanks again, Martin