Re: old Dolgoch water column

  • Chris Abbott
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
      Roy, David,

      Thank you both for your feedback. I have successfully obtained
      dimensions from photos in the past in cases where I have been able to
      view the entire structure face-on, but I've had mixed success with
      prespective photos.

      Love to purchase a copy of the '65 RM issue if anyone has one for sale.

      I suspect I will adopt the "U" trough that tipped down, as it will be
      the easiest to animate with a Tortoise/switchmaster motor should I
      choose to do so later.

      regards

      ChrisA
    • Frank Sharp
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
        Chris,

        Having done a Evergreen Hill water tank, so not only does the spout move,
        but the water level goes up and down as well, may I suggest when you need an
        activator rod that flexes, you look at plastic strimmer 'wire'. Several
        different thicknesses so you can pick a 'rigidity'.

        I appreciate the 'distance' factor, but look for Vintage Carriages Trust at
        Ingrow on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway. They have a room full of
        magazine back numbers and will do mail order.

        Frank

        _____

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
          > Love to purchase a copy of the '65 RM issue if anyone has one for
          sale.

          You can get it here...

          http://www.payhost.net/modelling/acatalog/Rail_Mod_July_1965.html

        • Taylor, David
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
            Hi Chris,

            I think i have a copy of this mag, will search it out later.

            Cheers,
            Dave.