Guild Meeting - Reminder

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2010
      Hello Everyone,

      Just a reminder about our up coming Guild Meeting this coming Sunday (Yeeees, I know it is 'Super Bowl Sunday' - but it doesn't start until 6pm, so we should be good).

      At the last meeting, we agreed (assuming the O-MI-O By Laws permitted), that we would join O-MI-O, instead of creating Great Lakes Leather Guild. This will give us several benefits during this year, then starting GLLG would.
      I have been in contact with Carl Breidenich, the O-MI-O President (who is planning on attending this Sunday's meeting btw) - and he plans to hand over the reins of O-MI-O to 'us' (those of us who were the elected Board Members of GLLG). To the best of my knowledge, we should be 'all set' in that area (but if not, we can hammer out any details on Sunday).

      Carl had also put me in touch with Carol Higgins (Secretary, IFoLG); she has already updated O-MI-O with the 'new info' (she was nearing the deadline for publishing the info), and also asked, if anyone from O-MI-O would be interested in donating anything for the Raffle, which will be held at the "Toolers of the Cowibbean" Midewest Spring Leather Show, hosted by Calument Area Leathercrafters Guild in Michigan City, IN in April 2010 (Keith has pamphlets at the store if you do not have one; and I will also post the PDF here). According to Carl, in the past, they (O-MI-O) has just donated some extra tools; or someone has donated an item they made to be raffled. So if someone has something they wish to donate, or some other suggestions, please bring them to the meeting.

      Hope everyone is staying warm, and I look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

      -Tim