Re: Speed bump damage

  • ko10960
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 1, 2010
      Man, I looove jacking you people up. And it's so easy! Take one trivial issue, sprinkle in a few trigger words and Viola!
      Instant entertainment for a midwinter morning.

      But I digress.

      It's simple, folks. Speed bumps, like seat belts, save lives. I hate 'em too, especially the invisible one at the intersection where Midland meets Main. But the alternative mentioned - rumble strips? - you've got to be kidding me.
      Just go over to the Home Depot in West Nyack and watch the cars flying by on the ring road in the mall parking lot.
      The only thing those insipid grooves in the pavement accomplish is to rattle the teeth of whomever is in the vehicle riding over them.

      And come now, Mr. Schutz... you "must use" High Avenue? Must? MUST? Last I checked, there were at least SIX east/west routes between Franklin Street and 9W. (Yes, I know, Main Street has all those pesky traffic lights - let's not get started on THOSE;-)) But be reasonable - the only reason you MUST drive over the speed bumps on High Avenue is if you want to park your ol' Ford IN BETWEEN THEM.

      Here's a little suggestion. The next time you have business to conduct at the EASTERN end of High Avenue, make the turn off of Franklin and park your car BEFORE you hit the speed bump. Then, when it's time to go home, turn your car around and go back the way you came.
      Repeat the exercise (albeit in opposite fashion) whenever you have an appointment at the WESTERN end of High Ave.

      All this being said, I stand by my original assessment. Get out the scale. On the one side, a few slightly damaged cars. On the other side, a damaged (or possibly dead) child.

      Sorry, pal. You lose.

      -= S =-

      PS - I'm more than willing to drop the entire argument as soon as I get your check made payable to The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - see my previous posts for more info.
    • Adam Rochman

        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 1, 2010
          You're still trolling?

[...]

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              NyackSocialScene-digest@yahoogroups.com
              NyackSocialScene-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Schutz & Mattern
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 1, 2010
            Are you a realtor? Do you show houses or apartments on High Avenue? Yes, actually sometimes I really DO have to use High Avenue because I have to show houses on the block between Midland and Franklin, so quit being so snarky. And if I have two customers in the back seat when I have to go over that bump? It really bangs (and unfortunately turns people off to the street - I don't think that it should, but people are people).  It happens to have a lot of listings, of all varieties very frequently. For my own personal purposes, going downhill I use either Sickles, Haven Court or Fifth Avenue - some of the rest of us actually use OUR brains too, you are not alone.  Thank you for your suggestion regarding forcing my customers to walk up and down High Avenue's hill - I'm sure that will do my business a world of good.

            If you noticed, immediately after I thought of rumble strips I realized it probably wouldn't work - admitting my own mistake honestly isn't good enough for you? Gotta do the ole' public humiliation thing, hmmm? Feel better about yourself now? I'm so pleased I'm able to give you so much enjoyment while you attempt to make me into some kind of speeder or someone who'd rather kill children - you don't know me (and if you do, then I'm REALLY upset, I don't generally treat my friends with such contempt).  I don't speed, I stop at lights, I obey traffic laws, and in fact, am kind of vigilant about them - maybe the two cop brothers helps.

            Frankly, I'm tired of being your punching bag, I was offering my opinion on something that caused me a problem - I NEVER SAID TAKE THEM AWAY - I wanted the two I discussed lowered or moved!  Reading what I actually stated, as clearly as I possibly could doesn't seem to work - seems some people would rather jump to conclusions about someone than listen to what they've actually said or written. Perhaps it's just much more entertaining on a midwinter's morning to slur someone's reputation or make vague unpleasant suggestions as to their character. Thanks for your mentioning how charitable you are too, and implying that somehow I am not, and challenging me to show it publicly - or will you now innocently deny that was what was intended in order to continue your game of humiliating people for your personal amusement. What did I ever do to you whoever you are? I'm thrilled you contribute to charity - so do I - you want "to drop the entire thing" (why I'm the one that's supposed to pay up while you've been insulting me and invalidating anything I attempt to say, I'm not quite sure?) why don't YOU issue a check to Rockland's People to People or Rockland Hospice or Catholic Relief Services or Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS - yeah, really, we all have charities we work for and love and that mean something to us personally. Or maybe, you could simply apologize for having more fun making jokes on an assumption than bothering to try and see who or what someone really is?  Seeking solutions to problems may not be amusing, but its' constructive.

            And they wonder WHY no one wants to get involved in Nyack?

          • michaeld44@aol.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 1, 2010
              John,
              I just sent a personal response to you because this guy starts to feel like he's important some how when you engage him. You were asking who he was.
              Then I realized the last time I responded with a post it ended. Oh crap, here I go.
              If you and others don't remember the pathetic nature of this guy, here's some tidbit's. He has an education. Far better than mine I'll guarantee by those big words he uses. But he's a clear example of how education does not bring you quality of character.

              His name is Shawn and I'll remember his last name. Big guy, walks around like a peacock. But is much less mouthy with his bigotry when he is out in public. He did work at the village hall. I forgot at what capacity. Somebody you know who's been around will know his last name right away if you don't.
              Under the guise of helping someone find a place to swim he posted on NSS that the Tallman State Park beach was ruined by as he stated "er um... visitors from nearby urban area's." You know code for people that don't look like him should not be coming to his state park. Like we, on NSS were like minded bigots who think Tallman State Park is just for pasty white people like he and I who live nearby. After I threw up in my mouth I called him out as a racist and he was livid. Racists don't know their racists half the time. It just flows out of their mouth like an open sewer.
              I almost jumped him with his previous cocky post which was not offensive, about the seemingly decent Repub who won the Kennedy seat in Mass. It was like "1 DOWN AND 58 TO GO!!!. Ha Ha HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT NYACK?!!". As if the country was going to follow through with electing a govt full of people like the maniacal Darth Cheney (pronounced Cheeney). Then I noticed nobody took the bait publicly which I think was commensurate with the level of disrespect his poor quality deserves. So I didn't either. I guess that has been stewing as he sits around stroking his cowboy hat. (Oh crap, I'm starting to feel bad now about this, too late).
              He thinks he's a "yet to be discovered" combination of "Limbaugh and Billy Ray Cirus" but proud of it. He's got a little band. It's kind of like a Saturday Night Live, Will Farrel spoof on bar bands but they are trying to be serious. They are hysterical.
              He loves it if he can get you to hate him because it makes him feel like an important part of the radical right. How he survives in a progressive environment I don't understand but hiding behind his PC and attacking people is probably a therapeutic release for him.
              Sorry to add one to this thread. Historically they are always started by 2 people. One has been silenced and the 2nd one is this guy. He's feeling a little frustrated again I guess. Maybe it's the increase in the GDP and that nobody off'ed our Kenyan President yet.
              It's not about speed bumps, it's not about your experience. It could be anything. I'm told hate and fear just does not dissipate without professional help. They have to attack a country, a people, a race, something to cause a release.

              Sorry about the harsh truths to all who hate these rants and even to you Billy Ray Sorryass. Probably best to play along with him just a little just to keep him from resorting to the Oxy cotton and keeping his feet to himself at the airport men's room. But don't take him too seriously he's harmless. You know, won't do it to your face.
              Mike

              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 1, 2010
                Yeah but tell us how you really feel about him

                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 2, 2010
                  Man... you people are a never-ending source of amusement and amazement.
                  And the free psychoanalysis is a plus!

                  Ya'll take yourselves waaaaaaay too seriously.

                  Maybe someday you'll get it... 'til then, see ya around.

                  -= S =-
                • Adam Lipson
                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 2, 2010
                    I still don't know......are they "SPEED BUMPS" or "SPEED HUMPS".  Which one is the problem?

                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 2, 2010

                      You know, I feel so lucky to have someone so superior to show us all the way. Where would we be…

                      Message 10 of 21 , Feb 2, 2010
                        So Shaun, you wrote.
                        "Man, I looove jacking you people up. And it's so easy! Take one trivial issue, sprinkle in a few trigger words and Viola!
                        Instant entertainment for a midwinter morning."

                        So then I try to see if "jacking up NSS members" is as pleasurable as you indicated, and as you did to Mr Shutz publicly and privately to his e-mail.
                        Suddenly "We'all (people in Nyack or NSS or whoever your indicating is below you somehow).take ourselves waaaaaaay too seriously. Maybe someday we'll get it".
                        Now if you read my post. You can see I get it. I get the racism parts of your old posts, how superior you are to the other NSS members. How fun it is to "jack people up on NSS" as a way to "entertain your self on midwinter mornings". What's not to get?
                        There's no "psychoanalysis" as you mentioned. What you are is not complicated. I've known from years of your proud arrogant posts. Get over it, your not that complicated. Is Glen Beck or Pat Robertson complicated? Your living in your own fantasy. "You people are funny" (wait, maybe this is fun?)
                        So I tried a little taste of your style of fun and my final conclusion is I don't get the same pleasure you get from this "jacking people up" and picking on "ur um... people from "nearby urban areas".
                        I'm going back to being as respectful as I can be to others. But I'll keep an open mind to your style.
                        see ya around.

                        Join me and Shawn on weekdays solving crossword puzzles on WWW.watchyacallitSteve?.com

                        I won't respond again if you write a check to The Muscular Dystrophy Foundation.

                        --wow::ooo//   M   \\ooo::wow---

                        From  ko10960 <knownoffenders@...> Hide
                        Add to: To Do, Calendar
                        To: