Jazz/Funk Jam ... Thursdays... at the Old Fashion

  • Joel Newton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      Hello music types,
      I'm pleased to announce that Nyack has a new weekly jam.
      For lack of a better title, I'm (for now) going with:

      The Old Fashion Nyack Jam
      Thursdays at...The Old Fashion
      81-83 S. Broadway
      8-11pm (and maybe beyond)

      House Band:

      Always: Joel Newton (guitar, effects)
      Often: Bob Meyer (drums, defects)
      Always: a bass player
      Probably always: you or someone else (sitting in, starting 2nd set)
      Probably always: guitar amps (but bring one if you can (and if you're
      a guitarist))
      Always: PA/mics for horn players, keyboards

      This jam concept is a work in progress, but the basic idea is that it
      promotes the communal, spontaneous and joyous performance of jazz
      and/or funk and/or music described by one or more of the following
      terms: experimental, improvised, groove-oriented, sonically and
      texturally-driven, life-affirming, death-defying.

      The Old Fashion is an underrated bar and restaurant across from the
      Citgo Station on S. Broaday. It's quaint and comfortable and roomy
      with good food and (for now at least) no cover.

      I hope to see (and hear) you this coming Thursday and beyond.

      Don't forget to vote!

      Joel
      -------
      www.joelnewton.com
      www.myspace.com/joelnewton
      -------
      i'm also available for guitar lessons.
      and if paid enough i will juggle cats at children's birthday parties.