Re: [NyackSocialScene] Art Supply stores

  • Joanne Ciuccio
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 17, 2012
      Hi Jennifer,
      Pearl Paints in Paramus on Route 17 is wonderful and (I believe) has fine papers.  Their customer service staff is generally very helpful. AC Moore in Nanuet has a smaller selection of art supplies, but may also have what you are looking for.  Pearl will most likely have better pricing on tube paints, but if AC Moore has a sale or an applicable coupon in their weekly flier, pricing may be competitive.

      I recommend checking both store websites before shopping: http://www.pearlpaint.com/ and http://www.acmoore.com/.  FYI - In the past I have found Michael's to have higher prices than both of these stores.

      Enjoy!
      Joanne Ciuccio

      On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:05 PM, JENNIFER MASSERANO <jennifer@...> wrote:

      Hi All,

      Are there any art supply stores, other then Michaels arts and crafts store, that you can recommend?  Even if you have a favorite that is a bit of drive is fine.  I'm looking for hand made/fine paper. Sometimes that can be found in a stationary store also. Those kinds of recommendations are welcome too.  Eventually though I will need to buy paints and stuff like that too.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

      Kind regards,

      Jennifer Masserano

    • chris randolph
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 17, 2012
        Pearl Paint in Paramus went out of business 2 years ago, that I know of! Dick Blick online has great prices and deals!

        Christine Randolph, ATR-BC, LCAT
        chrisrand7@...

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 17, 2012
          Hi Chris, Jennifer and All,
          Pearl Paint did not go out of business but moved to a new location nearby on Route 17.  I have been to their new store since their move, and while it is smaller, they still have a great selection of supplies.

          They are located at:
          180 Route 17 North, Paramus, New Jersey 07652
          (201) 576-0300

          Regards,
          Joanne Ciuccio

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 17, 2012
            Pearl is open in a new location in 17N before you he to the shopping plaza with the BuyBuyBaby in it.

            Barbara

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 18, 2012
              Good morning,

              If you're in Nyack you may also want to check out "Vincent's Ear" located on South Broadway. Good luck with your creation!

              John

              --
              Lift Wellness, llc
              845-709-1634